Eye of Judgement (CTRL-ALt-DEL)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye of Judgement (CTRL-ALt-DEL)

Does anyone else think that this game concept is a blatant attempt to snatch more money from people? A console game, a card scanner, AND collectable cards?

Warning, the following link does contain profanity:
    CTRL-ALT-DEL's take on it

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Re: Eye of Judgement (CTRL-ALt-DEL)

Magic the Gathering really let businesses know that there's money in collectable card games.

Pokemon brought in the idea of cashing in on the popularity of a kid's show by selling something besides the standard merchandise.

Shows like Yu-Gi-Oh then showed that you can base an entire cartoon off the idea of using it to sell cards.

So, this is only a natural evolution of the concept. Hell, I remember a downloadable online version of M:tG years back. The only difference is this time you have to actually own the cards.

To answer your question: Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
      I remember a downloadable online version of M:tG years back.
      That was actually pretty fun, and well done. Never played more than the demo, but it was fun.
      I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
        Shows like Yu-Gi-Oh then showed that you can base an entire cartoon off the idea of using it to sell cards.
        It should also be noted that Yu-Gi-Oh was an attempt to do M:TG style cards with a Pokemon form of marketing and playstyle aimed at teens/young adults. The show in its uncensored Japanese format had a good deal of the female characters and cards wearing sexier/skimpier clothing or just use the old standby of long flowing hair over full frontal nudity.

I remember back in the day when people would buy magic cards to oogle some of the graphics on them. Man, that was years and years ago though when some had nudity and they were unregulated. Come to think of it, I'm not even 100% sure if they did away with those original art designs.

And yes, I'm pretty hazy on the actual time line of creation between Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon. I'm not sure if the TCG for Pokemon came out as a result of Yu-Gi-Oh gameplay or vice versa. -.-
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
          Does anyone else think that this game concept is a blatant attempt to snatch more money from people?
          *Points to WoW*

Its been done, a lot better too.

-Zephyr
          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
          We are not a single game.
          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Well, any cash-in has failed at this point- it's been proven, ad nauseum, that you can now use a magic marker to draw some basic shapes on paper, and that they'll count as the cards in-game.

Also- that comic was freaking hilarious. I laughed for a good 10 min. :D
            Last edited by Doktor Goku; 10-28-2007, 01:22 AM. Reason: Fixed Typo
            ---------------
            Doc-in-training

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...