Good music to listen to while gaming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good music to listen to while gaming?

Anyone have any suggestions for good, atmospheric orchestral music to listen to while gaming? I'm trying to put together playlists for flight sims, shooters, etc... Any suggestions welcome.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: Good music to listen to while gaming?

Adagio for Strings is fantastic.

YouTube isn't the best place to get quality music, but this should give you an idea of whether or not you want to look into getting a good source for the song:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRMz8fKkG2g[/media]

If classical music hasn't been in Fantasia or some other film soundtrack, I probably can't name it, but there's LOTS of great music out there. This could become a fantastic thread! Thanks for starting it.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
      Adagio for Strings is fantastic.

YouTube isn't the best place to get quality music, but this should give you an idea of whether or not you want to look into getting a good source for the song:
      [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRMz8fKkG2g[/media]

If classical music hasn't been in Fantasia or some other film soundtrack, I probably can't name it, but there's LOTS of great music out there. This could become a fantastic thread! Thanks for starting it.
      CD, ur link is broken (video is not available - probably copyright crap)

As for me... I listen to BSG OST (#3 is out now). And if I'm MMOing I'll sometimes listen to a good genre-specific MMO radio station.

It tell you... it was a LOT of fun listening to MxORadio back when I used to play MxO. They were hardwired straight to the Dev-team so they basically streamed important server info/events right to all their listeners, along with the music. Most of the time you could make requests and many times they'd throw parties inside the nightclubs in the cities. Was kinda fun.

Comment

The Samurai Champloo OST's, all 5 or 6. I occasionally throw them on in games where I dont need to listen to others talk.
        Skud

Comment

Hmmm, Sibelius if you want somethign hard hitting at points (although i think he is shcoking and cant write for string intruments). John Willimas Remebrance if you want somethin slightly bohemian. Grieg does some lovely violin sonatas i think if i remeber properly, i have a CD of all of them which is quite nice.
          But personally I listen to 3rd wave Ska atm, mainly reel Big Fish, thats really good while playign arma. Also some slighty more metaly stuff like sick puppies is also quite good.
          Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Orginal Alien Vs. Predator soundtrack. Frelling terrifying at points.
            I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Crimson Tide soundtrack still gets my heart thumpin', at least a half of the songs do. The other half is kinda repetitive but good nonetheless.

Comment

it depends on the situation...if you're in a hot firefight in a FPS, put on your loudest rap, rock or screamo music that you have and CRANK IT UP! also in an FPS, you need music for the long boring road trips and when you're waiting in the trench for the chinese to nade spam you: use COUNTRY in those areas of gameplay. if you're in flight simulator: use the epic music when your in a -85 degree nosedive, airspeed 650+ in a boeing 747 with your nose pointed right at a tall...ok nevermind. but i think anything flies in that game. (haha...ok that wasn't very funny.) RPGs and other games i cant figure out, just play whatever you like. (the "heroic knights slay the dragon and get the ladies" music might work, but thats your choice.) i cant think of any other games that REQUIRE music, so just bounce wit dat.

Comment

Classics:
                  Shubert, Shumann, Vivaldi? (not sure if you like some of his works)

Contemporary:
                  Sigur Ros (http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/), Trance/Electronica
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                    CD, ur link is broken (video is not available - probably copyright crap)
                    Weird...

I think this is the same link, but I just watched it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRMz8fKkG2g
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Try the album Reflections by Apocalyptica.

It's not really orchestra music, its just three guys on cellos with some drums, but sounds awesome.

Or try getting some Korpiklaani, which is a Finnish Folk Metal band, just get their instrumental tracks if you don't want lyrics (songs like Running with the Wolves, Nordic Feast, Ryyppäjäiset, Pine Woods, etc)

Comment

Here's a piano solo version of one my favorite "soothing" pieces to listen to while gaming (or otherwise): [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wH1iHNfycI[/media] (Standchen by Schubert)

Schubert's Serenade (sung by the Vienna Boys Choir): [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdStu36UAkk[/media]
                        I can't find Hans Hotter's version on YouTUbe.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                          Classics:
                          Shubert, Shumann, Vivaldi? (not sure if you like some of his works)

Contemporary:
                          Sigur Ros (http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/), Trance/Electronica
                          [email protected] categorization but yeah they are good. Prefer mogwai for gaming since it has some longer, larger swells and rocking guitar work.

Comment

I listen to a lot of trance and electronica while playing space sims (like Freelancer and Freespace 2).

I'll also listen to classical music from my iPod when I'm sitting alone on the 2142 server.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Watching the Awesome Montage off google video got me into listening Dragonforce. Pretty good 'heavy metal' even if it has a fantasy/celtic spin to it a lot of the times.

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7782562861912190519[/media]
                              My sanity is not in question...
                              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X