Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

texans: what do you think about the TTC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texans: what do you think about the TTC?

What is your opinion on the trans-texas corridor?

For those who don't know, its a superhighway being built to connect mexico, the "USA", and canada.

Re: texans: what do you think about the TTC?

Waste of time and money planning it. Because it will never happen (fully)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Texas_Corridor
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Hmm, according to the wiki article, the estimated cost of building the whole 4000 mile network is between $140 and $180 billion, plus purchase of land. How much have we spend on the war in Iraq?

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
        Hmm, according to the wiki article, the estimated cost of building the whole 4000 mile network is between $140 and $180 billion, plus purchase of land. How much have we spend on the war in Iraq?
        Purchasing the land is no easy feat. Especially in Texas. Regardless of the cost of the war in Iraq (how these are even similar besides illustrating the waste of money in Iraq must have gone over my head) I seriously doubt that the budget for this project will remain under half a trillion dollars if it is carried out in it's entirety and paid for out of the federal budget. Anyway, where the hell is the high-speed rail?
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

We should invent green hover cars instead.

Comment

If this will keep truckers off the back roads that connect I-10 to US59, then I'm all for it.

Comment

The speed limit would be 85, so im all for it!

Comment

It could be a real boost for the freight industry, which could help many other facets of our economy. OR it could be the largest pork-barrel project in history. I really don't know enough to have an educated opinion on the matter. On the surface, it appears to be a good idea, in my eyes.
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

You do all realize that they're going to put toll stations on this highway, right? The money they exploit from you will greatly, IMMENSELY outweigh any initial costs they have themselves. Its also going to be built and owned by a private corporation..

Comment

We should be investing in railroads = less money+safer+less pollution+quicker.

Comment

what about I-69. I thought that was built for this very purpose, it goes from Canada to texas.
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by mentholated View Post
                        You do all realize that they're going to put toll stations on this highway, right? The money they exploit from you will greatly, IMMENSELY outweigh any initial costs they have themselves. Its also going to be built and owned by a private corporation..
                        Dangit! I remember reading a while ago that they were discussing whether the TTC should be a toll road or not and I thought it was an extremely bad idea. My opinion on toll roads is, if I'm gonna pay for it while driving on it, I better not pay when not driving on it (no tax money to toll roads).
                        - Drake_Anra

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X