Superbowl 41

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superbowl 41

Sundays Pats/Colts game, dubbed SuperBowl 41 and a half, should be a good one. Any colts fans up for a friendly wager? Colts win and I (and any other pats fans that want in on the action) wear a humiliating, embarassing, what-was-he-thinking Tom Brady picture as our avatar for the week. Patriots win and for a week you wear an avatar that sums up what we think of Manning:

You wear when Pats win -->

<-- I/we wear if Colts win

any takers?

Re: Superbowl 41

I'm not sure how dressing up in your normal work clothes counts as humiliating for you. :P
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I'm torn between my ethical hatred of the Pats and my homegrown hatred of the Colts.
      What to do, what to do...
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Cowboys were in it until 4th quarter with Superbowl 41.5 part one.. now part Two.. Hmm... Should be good

Comment

Given that reasoning, I supposed the mouse "is in it" when a cat toys with it before the kill.

Ethical hatred is a nice oxymoron. Given the application of the phrase, I am going to have to assume a combination of a lack of objectivity and blind faith in questionable media sources.

Comment

Originally posted by FPS_Douglas View Post
            Given that reasoning, I supposed the mouse "is in it" when a cat toys with it before the kill.

Ethical hatred is a nice oxymoron. Given the application of the phrase, I am going to have to assume a combination of a lack of objectivity and blind faith in questionable media sources.
            Hatred is well within the realm of ethics.

That said, watching them do things like cheat without remorse and pile on points like they're competing for a BCS spot (Brady, Moss, and starting D on the field at 38-0?) is decent cause to have an intese dislike for them. I'd link sources, but I don't know what you'd consider unquestionable.

I'll give Google's New Search a shot: you can take what you will from the links that apply.
            http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...ts+video+cheat
            http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...s+run+up+score
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

If you want to dislike a professional sports team for "running up the score", that's fine.... Just be aware that most current and former coaches that have commented on the subject don't believe there is such a thing as "running up the score" in the NFL.

My research skills are just fine, perhaps you should research for yourself.... just avoid ESPN and NYC writers and you should be fine on this topic. If you define a violation of camera placement as cheating, then you could obviously use some research in this area. You may want to start at http://dictionary.reference.com/ If you look specifcally at ethics, you will notice that ethics speak about actions, not about feelings or objects. You can't have an ethical rock, nor can hapiness be ethical.

Water is wet, the earth is round and every team in the NFL steals signals. If you want to confuse a violation of WHERE a team places cameras with cheating, I'm confortable with that. I try not to let opinions based on falsehoods, inuendo and the exclusion of facts bother me.

Comment

1. Taping signals isn't cheating. Taping signals from the sidelines is against the rules.

2. They do run up the score, but they're not the first, and I don't see why anyone's complaining about it anyway.... Should Roger Federer use all soft stuff when serving in the third set when he won the first two 6-0? Should Tiger Woods stop using his driver when he's up 12 strokes on Sunday afternoon? Why'd nobody compain about the colts running up the score when Peyton broke the TD record in 2004?

edit: lol, what he said ^^

Comment

I hate Peyton because hes in every freaking football commercial and I'm tired of his hickish voice, and I hate Tom brady because hes a ****ing pretty boy.

So it comes down to coaches. Since I will probably have a premature ulcer if i see Bill Belichick again, and I'm not even sure who the Colts' head coach even is, I'm rooting for the colts.

But I am not putting an avatar of either of those "guys" in my avatar ;)

Comment

I don't like them running up the score either, thats when they should give the 2nd stringer's a chance, and see how they do.

Comment

I don't understand why people keep talking about anyone in the NFL running up points like this is some Tee-ball game or a good natured softball game. These are highly paid athletes that we are watching. The defense is paid good money to make sure the score is not run up on them. The coaches are paid good money to prepare their players and to come up with a game plan to stop that.

Now why was Brady in the game late? I can not answer that, does not make much sense. But I think I would leave my defense in the whole game as it seemed they were not putting out much effort anyway.

Me personally I think the Colts are going to win it, they have been playing a much harder schedule all year. And personally I am neutral on both teams don't really care who wins. At least neither smells as bad as Denver or Dallas :)
                      |TG-12th| Sawviper

Comment

Ok, Leaving Brady in late in the game and the "running up the score" aside...why did they have to run the fake spike play at the end of the half last game? They were up by a bunch and run a fake play? WTF?

Anywho, go cowboys...that's right, I am a cheesehead cowboys fan and I only wish that they could both lose!!! LOL
                        |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

Honestly, I think he's using the 'garbage time' of those games like preseason games - basically treating them like practice.

BB's big thing is "situational football". I go to a lot of their training camp practices (since the field's 5 minutes down the road), and it's all situational when offense and defense play together... they run 7-man drills and all that, but after that, instead of a pure scrimage against the defense, they'll run a bunch of plays with 3rd down indicated on the sticks. Then they'll do goal-line, two minute, first down, etc.... I don't get it, but I guess it works....

Comment

I think you hit the nail on the head there, Whiskey, but I do think there is a little more to it. When you look at the play of the Pats O-line this year, you'll probably see less injuries when not running against a packed box.

Comment

Here's an insightful Belichick article... very right on point as far as I can tell: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X