Call of Duty 4 or Company of Heroes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 4 or Company of Heroes

Hi, I know that they are different games, but if you played them both, which one would you recommend and why?

I might need a new addiction...

OR, should I just jump into 2142?

thanks in advance....StevieRay
    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Re: Call of Duty 4 or Company of Heroes

2142 is the same as BF2

CoD4 is the same as CoD2.

CoH is nice.

Go with CoH
    Skud

Comment

2142 is very much toned down and I was horrified when I played it recently after about half a year of PR being the only game I played. It is definetely fun but the teamplay is worse than vBF2 even.
      Going by the CoD4 demo I would say that Skud is partly right in saying
      Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer
      CoD4 is the same as CoD2.
      but it has much improved graphics and visual effects, it is more challenging than CoD2 and is a very nice experience, if you haven't already got the demo I'd recommend doing so.

Sadly I haven't played CoH so I can't say about that.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Well, having played both of the games. I love COD4 i find that it is much the same as cod2, but i do have to say i also enjoy COH because of the variations of things to do where as in say COD4 on SP it is mostly always the same. COH you can change it up every time and be either axis/allies
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Thanks, sounds like CoH is what I want...and Crysis is next from what I have heard. But my PR days are not over...I just need a good game to play on the road when online multiplay is not always an option....

Comment

I think you should go with COH.

Call of Duty is another shooter, albeit a decently made one. I played the xbox 360 beta and PC demo and it is a fun game, but not groundbreaking.

Ive played COH and it's recent expansion, and this is in my opinion the best RTS ever. It is ground breaking. The graphics are stellar (for an RTS), but more importantly the gameplay is ridiculously good. Either multiplayer or single player is fun. The AI is great. The user interface / key shortcuts are intuituve, etc. Strategy is crucial, more so than in any other RTS. YOu dont just build a massive army to eventually smash the other army. You need to take over points and protect them to keep your resources coming in, as well as attacking the enemy to take over theirs.

It's a hell of a game.
            sigpic

Comment

Whoo hoo! Another TG CoH player! :)

I have gotten so many hours out of CoH, I feel like I'm wasting my life. It's like a drug, every time you stop playing, you start thinking about how you could play differently or better to win next time. It gets into your veins. It is the epitome of a tactical RTS. You manage the units and battles a lot more than the meta building/resource management.

Haven't played CoD4 yet, but I just finished CoD2 to see if I'd be interested in 4... I must say, if you're comparing to CoH, it's a pretty shallow game. The single player in CoD2 was a blast, and I'm sure it will be in 4 (despite reviews saying it's only a pitful 4-5 hour experience). I never got into the multiplayer in United Front or in CoD2 really. It's so similar to CS:S or DoD:S that I'd rather play those than the less-popular CoD2 multi. There's even a de_dust map...
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I like CoD4 over CoH. I'm more used to quicker playing RTS games with more resources. CoH plays very tactically and I feel like I'm some general in a map room planning out battles. :p
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Ok, downloaded the demo for CoH....and played it for 4 hours. The addiction is on! Great game...I like FPS like Cod4 and will probably play that at some point, but I grabbeed bf2 when it came out because it was a groundbreaker...from what I hear with the mods coming out, CoH will be the same. Thanks for the heads up everyone.

Comment

Your welcome, and trust me, that addiction is HARD to break. TBH i played Coh NON stop for probably like 3 weeks, and i slowly got off it. I havent played it since and its been about 2 months and i dont plan on going back because i probably wont get off again.
                    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

whoever said 2142 has less teamwork than bf2 obviously hasnt played on a TG server. anyways, i love coh and cod both. Im more of an fps fan myself so id lean more towards cod4. I loved cod2 and with multiplayer as deep and fleshed out this time as it is....cod4

Comment

Originally posted by Snail88 View Post
                        whoever said 2142 has less teamwork than bf2 obviously hasnt played on a TG server.
                        I have played on the TG conquest 2142 server a few times, sometimes there were lots of TGers but other times there were none.
                        IMHO 2142 is like BF2 for younger people, I think the whole future thing appeals more to them.
                        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

OMG. I think my eyes are going to explode. Must defeat the Germans, must defeat the germans....I may need a break and go back to PR, if you can imagine that. GiJoe, I know what you mean man.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X