Blocked Sites!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocked Sites!

Ok...I got an upcoming training exercise and I will be at work for 12 hours a day. I will be on my work computer for about 90% of time and want to get on the TG site, but it the Air Force server is blocking it among others.

Is there a way around on it? Are proxy servers a good Idea?

Thanks in Advance:)

Dirt
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Blocked Sites!

Proxy servers are definitely the way to go. I used them all the time when I was deployed.

Comment

Are you using your own computer/laptop?
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Dirt's probably talking about using the Air Force supplied laptops connected to the military server. Websense blocks a LOT of sites. I can't remember the site, but I used a proxy server to check various things that normally would be blocked. I used MWR computers which don't really block anything... but I didn't like the idea of some commo turd looking over the stuff I'm surfing.

Comment

If it's a machine that you can install whatever software you want onto it. I would consider using TOR/Vidalia to get around whatever they decide to filter on you.

Comment

What if it is their Computers and I can't install anything?

Comment

Two options then:
              1) If the computer has an SSH client installed (like Putty or F-Secure or something) then you can put an SSH server and a VNC server on your home machine and tunnel through the SSH connection.
              2) If you've got the ability to use a thumbdrive, you can bring your own browser (like the Democrakey Firefox that might be able to implement the Tor stuff. Additionally, you can bring the client software that I mentioned in (1), and do that too. :)
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Alternatively:

http://www.youhide.com/

Just enter the URL for what you want to look at. Worked for me while I was overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                  Alternatively:

http://www.youhide.com/

Just enter the URL for what you want to look at. Worked for me while I was overseas.
                  Are there anymore like this?

Comment

Plenty Dirt

http://proxy.org/

Comment

The server wont allow me to access anything with the word "Proxy" in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                        The server wont allow me to access anything with the word "Proxy" in it.
                        That's the main problem you are going to run into with these websites. If it's locked down hard enough to disallow TG, then you are going to be hard pressed to find a proxy website that A) Is open and B) Will stay open. If you find one that works for you it may get added to the block list just by you using it. :row__690:
                        |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                          2) If you've got the ability to use a thumbdrive, you can bring your own browser (like the Democrakey Firefox that might be able to implement the Tor stuff. Additionally, you can bring the client software that I mentioned in (1), and do that too. :)
                          This was going to be my next suggestion. I have a 4GB USB key that has the portable install of TrueCrypt on it and a 2GB encrypted disk image. On the disk image I have Portable Firefox with all my normal plugins and such as well as the portable Tor/Vidalia bundle.

I can plug into any computer, use firefox and visit anywhere, and not leave much of any trace at all on the computer I'm using.

If you have a USB key, I can send you a zip file with all the stuff you'd need to copy to it in order to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                            This was going to be my next suggestion. I have a 4GB USB key that has the portable install of TrueCrypt on it and a 2GB encrypted disk image. On the disk image I have Portable Firefox with all my normal plugins and such as well as the portable Tor/Vidalia bundle.

I can plug into any computer, use firefox and visit anywhere, and not leave much of any trace at all on the computer I'm using.

If you have a USB key, I can send you a zip file with all the stuff you'd need to copy to it in order to do this.
                            What if they use IE?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                              What if they use IE?
                              It doesn't matter what they use. The USB memory stick will have a copy of Firefox that you can use regardless of what is installed on the machine. Everything you would need is kept on the USB stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X