What podcasts do you listen to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What podcasts do you listen to?

I was just listening to the latest Gamers With Jobs podcast, and was thinking I don't have enough podcasts to listen to. In the spirit of sharing, I thought I'd post the shows I listen to, and in return, some of you could share with me what you listen to. Isn't that special?

Here's the two I regularly listen to:

Gamers With Jobs Conference Call - An everything-games podcast. They talk about consoles, PC, handheld, everything. They have an incredibly good chemistry, and are hilarious at times. Great production values as well. It can get pretty long and drawn out though.

FPS Weekly - The name says it all, it's a podcast about First Person Shooters, produced by the new website Gamefire, which spawned from the ashes of TSN. The hosts of the show are brothers, I think, and they also have really great chemistry with one another and use sort of a deadpan humor, which I love. This covers FPS games pretty broadly, but pretty much stays away from sim or tactical FPS play like ArmA or PR. Sorry guys. Still, a really great podcast that hits on all the major FPS game news, and is very succinct and short (in a good way).

I also listen to and watch the weekly Tales of Heroes podcasts and videocasts. This is a show dedicated to the game Company of Heroes, so if you have no interest in the game, obviously you won't want to watch or listen to the shows. But if you are even slightly considering buying CoH, please watch some of the video replay shoutcasts, they are outstanding!

What are yours?
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: What podcasts do you listen to?

Very good idea.

http://www.twit.tv General tech talk with multiple net casts. Has many of the personalities from Tech-Tv

http://www.dotnetrocks.com Focuses on development with the .Net framework. (also see http://www.dnrtv.com)

http://www.CrankyGeeks.com Dvorak and guests get cranky about tech.

http://www.hanselminutes.com/ Eclectic show that does some coverage of development on the Microsoft platform.

http://polymorphicpodcast.com/ another .Net development thing.

Any body know any good ones that covers development about other platforms? I have heard a couple but they, well, sucked.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Ricky Gervais
      The Onion
      Penny Arcade - though I'm finding this one pretty boring so far

I am curious about other funny ones which might exist.
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I mainly listen to podcasts from this theater: Darker Projects Audio Theater. My favorites are: Star Trek Lost Frontier (new 'cast), The Falcon Banner, The Byron Chronicles, Star Trek Section 31, and Star Trek Pioneers.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Jim Rome show. (sports talk show)

www.jimrome.com

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
            Jim Rome show. (sports talk show)

www.jimrome.com
            So you have to pay for it?
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

GFW radio
              http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3148397
              PC gaming podcast, but they usually get off topic. Still entertaining.

NPR News Quiz - Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
              http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...n.php?prgId=35
              Usually genuinely funny and pretty informative.
              sigpic

Comment

An excellent funny one is Harry Shearer's 'le show.' My favorite segment is the apologies of the week.

http://www.kcrw.com/etc/programs/ls

Comment

http://thesoundsinmyhead.com/ - a biweekly music podcast about songs and dance you might have missed

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                    So you have to pay for it?
                    Yeah, I don't mind. I can't listen to it live, so I'll listen to it after work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodofooko View Post
                      NPR News Quiz - Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
                      http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...n.php?prgId=35
                      Usually genuinely funny and pretty informative.
                      I listen to that one too (not so often now)! :row__593:
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

MaximumPC
                        PC Gamer
                        Game Theory
                        Most of the NPR shows available in podcast
                        www.twit.tv has alot of stuff that I listen to as well
                        APM: Sound Opinions on Demand
                        WNYC's Radio Lab
                        60 minutes
                        Whiskeycast
                        This American Life
                        The Digital Photography Show Podcast

I wish I could post my download list. But the list is pretty much what I listen to a majority of the time.

Comment

He he heh, what pod casts eh?

Let's see, from my Itunes:
                          A Different Point of View - Podcast from a star wars fan who does stormtrooper charity walks, talking about star wars from a storm trooper's perspective
                          ADD Cast - Random cast about random topic, mostly sci fi
                          The Babylon podcast - Podcast about Babylon 5 and the B5 Universe
                          Better Late than never - Podcast about scifi, media, and some pop culture from an older woman's perspective
                          The Dragon Page - Literary podcast about novels, authors, and guest speakers
                          Dragon Hearth - Podcast by Tracy and Laura Hickman, dealing with Dragonlance and Tracy Hickman's other works
                          Dragonlance Canticle - Dragonlance podcast from a fan's perspective
                          Escape Pod - Weekly scifi/fantasy podcast, featuring audio stories about 30-60 minutes long each
                          Escape Pod Classic - Older episodes of the Escape Pod Series
                          Game Zone Radio! - Gaming podcast focusing pretty much on console gaming
                          The Geek Fu Morning Show - Random show mostly about lulu.tv and other works from a gamer, fangirl, writer, and mother, all in one
                          Geologic podcast - Random show mostly about whatever this interesting host wants to talk about. Very very very random
                          I Should Be Writing - For wanna-be fiction writers by a wanna-be fiction writer
                          Jack Mangan's Deadpan - Another random show, done in the theater style of deadpan, ie, non-emtional
                          The Kick-Ass Mystic Ninjas - Fiction/movie/etc reviews of older works, with a few author interviews
                          Moldawer In the Morning - Random Cast where the host interviews people at 5 am monday morning about 3 random topics
                          Podholes - Show done dealing with the science behind podcasting and a guide to help other podcasters improve their works
                          Pesudopod - Horror stories similiar to Escape Pod, run by the same people
                          Second Shift - Fiction story, on their second season. Very good show where modern people are thrust into a world of magic with minor tech
                          The Secret World Chronicles - Superhero fiction. Very very character driver. By Mercedes Lackey and Steve Libey
                          Silent Universe - Cyberpunk/Space opera Fiction. Good work, but slow to post
                          Slice of Scifi - Scifi cast about current issues in sci fi, from movies, to books, to TV, and a lot of smurf and joust jokes lately.
                          Speaking of Beer - Beer cast about the art of beer, the taste of beer, and the pleasure that is beer
                          Three Edged Sword - Babylon 5 fan fiction that came out of the babylon podcast
                          Variant Frequencies - Monthly fiction similar to escape pod
                          What the Cast? - Random cast by some of the people who host dragoncon
                          Wingin' It 3-D - Random cast by the main developers of far point media

Most of these can be found at farpointmedia.net

In addition, I also listen to numerous podcast/audio novels from www.podiobooks.com

These are free novels and audio books writers provide in a varying of topics from fiction, to guide books, etc. Lots of stuff to enjoy.

This doesn't include all the npr podcasts I listen to from time to time too...

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

http://www.keithandthegirl.com - At least one hour every weekday you'll get a show. There is a ton of content that I can barely keep up by listening during the commute to and from work. They talk about all sorts of issues in the news, their personal lives, and friends. They have celebrity gossip on Thursdays and guests on quite a few shows. I confident you'll be laughing harder than any of the other podcasts listed here.

They've won this past year's Podcast Awards for best mature podcast and the people's choice award. This is essentially how podcasting should be done. It's a couple from NYC that have quit their day jobs to do podcasting full-time. I find that other podcasts just aren't funny or don't give me the news that I want.

I've listened to Twit and it's got professional quality but the content is rather dull. They cater to listeners that don't know much about technology and the news isn't really conveyed in an interesting way.

The PC Gamer podcast is horrible. They talk crap for a bit and barely say anything interesting. It's mostly the reviewers trying to be funny when I want gaming news. Unfortunately, gaming news is reserved for the magazine that has old content by the time it gets to me.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Scientific America has a bunch of them

http://www.sciam.com/podcast/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X