Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new Shooter

Hey all,

I'm looking for a new FPS/Flight game that is comparable to BF2. I had high hopes that COD4 would provide this but alas there are no Airstrips to mount aircraft or even armor vehicles! :(

Does anyone know of a game that has these features (BF2 is junk man!). Please help! TIA

7-Fire

Re: Looking for a new Shooter

Enemy Territory or the upcoming Frontlines: Fuel of War sounds like it would fit your needs. There's also BF2142 :p.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
      There's also BF2142 :p.
      Yeah! We still have alot of fun with 2142.

| |

Comment

I was gonna suggest Jaegermeister, but I guess you meant a different kind of shooter.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by 7-Fire View Post
          Hey all,

I'm looking for a new FPS/Flight game that is comparable to BF2. I had high hopes that COD4 would provide this but alas there are no Airstrips to mount aircraft or even armor vehicles! :(

Does anyone know of a game that has these features (BF2 is junk man!). Please help! TIA
          Have you tried Project Reality? You didn't mention what you don't like about BF2 so hard to say what gameplay you prefer.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Hey all,

alas there are no Airstrips to mount aircraft or even armor vehicles! :(
            amen

Comment

Sorry, you're right!

What I dislike most in Battlefield is that you can shoot at someone at say Karkand and they then turn around and kill you. Extremely frustrating because when I aim and pull the trigger they should go down right? Right. Or when you fire of a shot at another vehicle with a tank and the round goes right through them! Grr...

I need a break from that game is all. Thanks for your help guys, I'll check out the suggestions. Btw, my BF2 soldier is "strike-4454" in case I've ran across anyone on the maps. I mainly hung out on the =ESU= Kubra Dam server or 2F4Y's Karkand server.

Comment

Sorry, you're right!

What I dislike most in Battlefield is that you can shoot at someone at say Karkand and they then turn around and kill you. Extremely frustrating because when I aim and pull the trigger they should go down right? Right. Or when you fire of a shot at another vehicle with a tank and the round goes right through them! Grr...

I need a break from that game is all. Thanks for your help guys, I'll check out the suggestions. Btw, my BF2 soldier is "strike-4454" in case I've ran across anyone on the maps. I mainly hung out on the =ESU= Kubra Dam server or 2F4Y's Karkand server.
                FPS is actually a very broad genre that covers a whole range of gameplay elements and those elements can change between multiplayer and single player as well.

The Battlefield series is actually a 'warfare' FPS game where you are dropped on a large map to wage a war. You have armor, air, and infantry moving towards an objective.

Subcatagory of that subcatagory would be 'tactical' FPS games where you are primarily infantry and you have to use team work to kill the other team. GRAW and Rainbow Six come to mind with this catagory.

Call of Duty is a straight 'shooter' FPS where you have a gun and you shoot at things. You could argue that it has a tactical element to its multiplayer as well, but there is also a feel to independant actions.

Then you have 'stealth' FPS games like Splinter Cell where combat is a 2nd best choice to stealth.

Crossing subcatagories (IE looking for a BF fix from CoD or SC) is destined for failure because you just won't find what you're looking for.

As for your complaints, you might want to be more specific. Are you looking for more realistic damage when shooting or easier aiming mechanics (even spraying and praying you should get the kill if you shoot first and have decent aim)? For the tank round are you disatisfied with the armor of your targets, the manuverability of evasion, or the aiming mechanics again?

If you want more realistic damage and a better feel to battlefield danger then you might want to stick with BF2 and check out Project Reality. From what I hear its quite brutal and satisfying to those realism buffs. If you want a more arcadey point and shoot game then you can go with Enemy Territory Quake Wars because the weapons are always obscenely accurate and you can take 5 bullets to the head and still keep fighting in some circumstances. BF2142 is a nice medium between BF2 and ETQW in that it has a more futuristic arcade feel while keeping true to the mechanics that were realistic (what there was of it) in BF2. Then you have all those upcoming new games that haven't been released to play with as well.
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                  As for your complaints, you might want to be more specific. Are you looking for more realistic damage when shooting or easier aiming mechanics (even spraying and praying you should get the kill if you shoot first and have decent aim)? For the tank round are you disatisfied with the armor of your targets, the manuverability of evasion, or the aiming mechanics again?
                  I see where your going with this Tarenth so...

Here is a precise instance from infantry battles past: I've (on more than one occasion) opened up on an enemy from 5-10 meters away and when they should have gone down like a sack of potatoes they turn a fire. My aiming technique has always been to start at the neck and walk the rounds up to the head; that's my "kill" aim if you will - works most of the time (in any other shooter it wouldn't take as many rounds just to fell ONE GUY).

As for armor? Check my Armor stats - you'll find my K/D ratio at 1.47. If you come up against me in an Abrams or T-90 I guarentee that you are going to lose either you life OR your Armor piece; I'm that good.

All I'm saying dude is the game has serious flaws man and it just irks me to no end that EA/Dice has no intention of fixing any of them.

Comment

You should try Point of Existence. It is a BF2 mod, that is the game that BF2vanilla could/should have been.

Here at TG we play PoE2 and PR (project reality) mods more than we play vanilla(the original game).. Both mods are much better than vanilla.. both are drastically different games from each other, I would suggest you DL both of them.. and then come play PoE with us...
                    and then we can discuss your 1337 tanking skillz :D
                    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                    E Pluribus Unum
                    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Sorry, you're right!

So you like the tactical shooter sub-genre then? Games like GRAW/GRAW2, Rainbow Six 3, etc. are where a few shots will take down a guy instead of a whole clip.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

You might be interested in something like ArmA as well.
                        | | |

Comment

As for armor? Check my Armor stats - you'll find my K/D ratio at 1.47. If you come up against me in an Abrams or T-90 I guarentee that you are going to lose either you life OR your Armor piece; I'm that good.
                          1.47? Weeeeakkk.

If you like Armor, I'm sure you could enjoy PR. On a good night a tank gunner can go 20+ kills and no deaths. The armor can devastate.
                          Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X