Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, yes OMG... and I mean it...

Why am I posting this here?

Because everyone that calls themselves a gamer needs to know about this... Whether you dislike land combat games, whether you hate run and gun games, whether you have no time for more games... if you call yourself a gamer you are obligated to experience the single player campaign of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. PERIOD.

If Call of Duty 4 was a book, it would be a best seller...

If Call of Duty 4 was a movie, it would be a blockbuster...

If Call of Duty 4 was a musicial play, then husbands would finally want to go... OK maybe not...lol

Call of Duty 4 is the most intense, most emotionally charged computer game ever released, IMO and apparently many many others...

I just finished the SP campaign about 15 minutes ago, I'm still pumped with virtual adreniline... the game ended in one of the most emotionally charged ways I've ever experienced in 25 plus years of gaming... I sat back in my chair, let out a big big breath and pondered the story and the ending...absolutly incredible... then I sat through the credits (because there is a special, and equally excellent mission after the credits), as I waited I got up and paced back and forth across my room... waiting, waiting for the final extra missions.

All I can say folks, is that you need to go home from work or skip school, or stop playing Falcon 4, or IL2, or your racing game, or Battlefield 2, or whatever you are currently playing... go buy, borrow, or steal this game... then go home and play it, play it till the end... (they say 6 to 8 hours), was more like 10 to 12 for me. You will not be disappointed, and at the end of the game when your eyes get all misty because of the sand blowing around in your living room, mine did, you will thank me.

Even after the final extra mission...this is the last image you will see... I captured it and made it my new wallpaper at 1600x1200x32... the image, the boys, says it all...

Go get this damn game, and check out my new wallpaper here:
    [media]http://www.tacticsandteamwork.com/images/Wallpaper/CoD4.jpg[/media]

BTW... steam and direct2drive have the game for digital download... play it before the story is ruined for you via the internet... I stopped posting screens because I don't want to ruin it for you... and I forgot to turn on fraps the last 2 hours of play. lol
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: OMG, yes OMG... and I mean it...

It is an awesome game. Very intense. Difficult at times. Damn dogs always are my bane. I won't spoil it, but there were sad parts to the game that just added to it. Great game, I recommend it for everyone.
    -Scott Tivari, Commando
    -Nick Tivari, Ranger
    (Tabula Rasa)

Comment

Magnum is in love....
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Dude, if my computer could make it something other than CoD4: Modern Combat PowerPoint, I'd love to experience it. Unfortunately, the only way on my machine where the lag doesn't have lag is when I stare at my feet. Yay.:(
        playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
        I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

Um, Duh. COD4 is awesome. Welcome to last week :p
          USAR

Comment

You're costing me money and time that I really don't have... :angry
            sigpic

Comment

The AI bugs are all hillarious too. ^_^

Like launching Captain McMillian out the end of the storage container with a primed grenade. Sure you get killed as 50 guys fall on you and they release every german sheppard in Germany, but the fact that the captain flies 30 feet then stands up to snipe people while getting shot at is just bad assed.

There's also the insane glitches with the story if you manipulate the AI events by using the cheats. Posted the most mind boogling one in the CoD forums and I'm still scratching my head going "WTF".
              My sanity is not in question...
              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Anyone notice how much the guy on the far right in the picture magnum posted looks like young burt reynolds?

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                  Anyone notice how much the guy on the far right in the picture magnum posted looks like young burt reynolds?
                  LOL! A young, black, Burt Reynolds?
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I don't think he looks like Burt Reynolds, more like Magnum PI and maybe with a mix of Bandit from Smokey and the Bandit. :row__642:

I put together this video for Michi who is creating a map based on Pripyat for POE. Regardless, you can see the map. This is shot at the limits of what my computer can handle as you can see from the stutter in the flames or snowfall from time to time. I can't play multiplayer at this level, but it's such a gorgeous game.

http://files.filefront.com/michimpg/.../fileinfo.html

Lucky Shot

Comment

Here's my video.

[media]http://awaitingrequiem.com/vid/CoD4_Montage.wmv[/media]

202mb

Comment

Also, the "cheats" are fun.... nothing is better than shooting extremists while listening to an old honky-tonk peenaeee (piano) twink away!
                        -

Comment

I haven't got this game yet, but I will. I'm currently awaiting repairs to my PC so I can play games again, and I'm not sure whether to get CoD4 or Crysis... or both! But from playing the demo of CoD4, I can tell it will be EPIC! I love the way you still have 'untouchables' like Sgt Griggs or Lt Vasquez. In one part of the demo, I ran around a corner of a shipping container to see Lt Vasquez standing there, with a terrorist emptying clip after clip of AK-47 ammo into him, with no effect. He would spray blood everywhere, go 'aaargh', fall over, then get up and stand there patiently while the terrorist reloaded and started all over again. IMO, that's what makes CoD games great ;)
                          Last edited by westyfield; 11-14-2007, 03:00 PM. Reason: My ShIfT kEy DiDn'T wOrK pRoPeRlY
                          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Do you have to beat it on highest difficulty to unlock the cheats option?

Comment

No, it pops up on lower settings also.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed