game getting advise... seeking...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game getting advise... seeking...

I can't decide, so seeking outside information... Monies getting a little tight right now with my new system, home owners insurance tripling in Florida, Christmas coming, and two teenage daughters, (whatever happened to the girls enjoying the box more then the toy, lol)... so I'm getting picking with games, especially 60 dollar 360 games.

I kinda want Gears of War for the PC just to see it in all it's glory, but have it for the 360, wasn't impressed with the SP story, and MP was good but a fad...hardly played any more...

then theres Crysis, something i definitely want to see and play, I'm wondering about a good SP story (like the recently finished) CoD4... but wasn't too impressed with the beta, or the multiplayer which is just like every other game...

SO GoW or Crysis...

Really nothing coming soon for the 360 i want, just that damn GRAW2 map pack... not a fan of Assassin's Creed or the other one coming soon... so OK with the 360, thou the kids want that guitar 3 game, lol...

any other games i should be watching or considering... just don't know... guess I'm happy with what I have right now... I'm so confused. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: game getting advise... seeking...

Quick answer: Crysis ;)
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

So the choices are a game you already own on a different gamming platform and a game that is hyped to be the greatest Graphical and Gameplay (single player) that all games after are to be compared to?

I think the answer is simple:

Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii.

Comment

BioShock? I can't speak from experience, but it seems quite popular.
        |TG|Melee
        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

This review of Crysis seems to be fair, and is why I'll wait on buying it until I finally finish a backlog of quality games.

http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/835/835139p1.html

Bioshock and The Orange Box (definitely the latter) are must buys. Agreed on the Super Mario Galaxy suggestion. My wife and I played that co-op for a good few hours last night, and it was quite fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
            (whatever happened to the girls enjoying the box more then the toy, lol)

Good god I'm dirty.

If you've already played through Gears of War, go with Crysis.
            I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Daxx View Post
              Good god I'm dirty.
              ROFL, I'm glad I wasn't the only one to catch that. I just had the taste not to point it out. ;D
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Me................................................ ......................(the line)||........................................... ................................Good Taste
                I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

I can't decide, so seeking outside information... Monies getting a little tight right now with my new system, home owners insurance tripling in Florida, Christmas coming, and two teenage daughters, (whatever happened to the girls enjoying the box more then the toy, lol)... so I'm getting picking with games, especially 60 dollar 360 games.

I kinda want Gears of War for the PC just to see it in all it's glory, but have it for the 360, wasn't impressed with the SP story, and MP was good but a fad...hardly played any more...

then theres Crysis, something i definitely want to see and play, I'm wondering about a good SP story (like the recently finished) CoD4... but wasn't too impressed with the beta, or the multiplayer which is just like every other game...

SO GoW or Crysis...

Really nothing coming soon for the 360 i want, just that damn GRAW2 map pack... not a fan of Assassin's Creed or the other one coming soon... so OK with the 360, thou the kids want that guitar 3 game, lol...

any other games i should be watching or considering... just don't know... guess I'm happy with what I have right now... I'm so confused. ;)
                  Get Crysis, its already brought about 95% of people's system to their knees, including mine. This game practically bends your computer over sideways, and forces it jail house style.

Comment

I picked up Crysis... time to test my new machine. ;)
                    Last edited by Magnum50; 11-14-2007, 07:22 PM.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I think you should wait until next week and Unreal Tournament III comes out. It comes with the complete Unreal Editor 3 along with 10+ hrs. of tutorials (in the collector's).

Bioshock is a 4 hour game and you'll put it away. Dont bother buying it.
                      Crysis is a nice game, but something about it just doesnt feel right... Knowing you Magnum, I believe you'll think it too arcadey.

Comment

I finished the SP for crysis today

Epic. that's all i have to say. =)

Comment

Crysis arcady... I didn't know that... now UT3...not me, now that is arcady... and I'd get sick with the fast motion... I prefer slow and tactical... but thanks for the feedback...

picked up crysis last night, will test it today... I guess thats all I need till the new year to keep me busy... what about that new Soldier of Fortune game, anyone got comments on that?
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Crysis arcady... I didn't know that... now UT3...not me, now that is arcady... and I'd get sick with the fast motion... I prefer slow and tactical... but thanks for the feedback...

picked up crysis last night, will test it today... I guess thats all I need till the new year to keep me busy... what about that new Soldier of Fortune game, anyone got comments on that?
                            Just play Crysis on Delta difficulty, it'll force you to be more tactical (otherwise you'll die).

Soldier of Fortune should be fun for a couple of hours, depends on the multiplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
                              Just play Crysis on Delta difficulty, it'll force you to be more tactical (otherwise you'll die).

Soldier of Fortune should be fun for a couple of hours, depends on the multiplayer.
                              Soldier Of Fortune is Activision Value title, some of the MP feels like a copy of CoD4, heh. Graphics are not bad though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X