Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG a ghost buster game has been annouced.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG a ghost buster game has been annouced.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/49932
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: OMG a ghost buster game has been annouced.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo!
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

I have also heard that Dan Akaroyd has mentioned something about the next Ghostbusters movie being a CGI film.

I am somewhat disappointed about that. I like CGI but I GREATLY prefer 2D animation. Unfortunately based on what movies are out at theaters I guess I am alone in that regard.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Yep, excited about this. :) (Dan Akroyd actually spilled the beans in February)

Comment

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1009&cs=1

Scarface looked to be decent fun. So I have some hope for this.

The only reason I don't have Scarface is well it's based on Tony surviving and well that just breaks everything Scarface stands for.

Info from Kotaku http://kotaku.com/gaming/ghostbuster...nfo-322990.php
          Last edited by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom; 11-15-2007, 03:51 AM.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Let's just hope it's better than the steaming pile of crap that was the NES version. I heard that the Genesis version wasn't all that bad, but never did take the time to try it.

Comment

When I saw this thread, I was reminded of this video that was leaked earlier this year. Anyone know if this is the same project. Last I knew all efforts for whats in the video were canned due to IP issues.
              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM4cuKgGNvg[/media]
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
                Let's just hope it's better than the steaming pile of crap that was the NES version. I heard that the Genesis version wasn't all that bad, but never did take the time to try it.
                Wait the one that Video Game nerd trashed? The one where you are in the car driving around. They have a remake of it. Great fun. I wouldn't buy this one on the VC because I have the better (and free) remake.

If it's Ghostbusters II I remember loving that game as a kid. God was it pretty hard. I think he trashed this one too but I had fun with it. If it came out on the VC I would buy it.

The genesis game is the best I believe. I beat it very hard game (as all NES/SNES era games were) and loved every minute of it. It's an original story line and was basically a platformer using SD Ghostbusters. Unfortunately only Venkman, Ray, and Egon were present. The differences were more then skin deep. To be honest I think I only beat the game with Ray. I found it just too hard with the other characters.

Basically you have three houses at first that are haunted. Once you beat those you get another set of three. Then you get a big castle and then the final stage. Each house has standard enemies and one major boss and several minibosses. After you beat the minibosses you get the chance to capture the ghost in your trap. This doesn't apply to major bosses but collecting the miniboss ghosts is worth it because you get extra money. This money is then used to purchase new weapons, items, and powerups. If it comes out on the VC buy it. I still feel you should get it in any way possible.

According to the posts. That demo vid you put up Korm is from a different developer and has nothing to do with this game.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Mp and co-op. The only thing that could be better is if you could roast the Stay Puft man.

:icon26: :icon26:
                  http://kotaku.com/gaming/ghostbuster...nfo-322990.php
                  :icon26: :icon26:
                  |TG|Gabriel87
                  Favorite quotes and sayings:

Teacher, Tommy you got a fairy godmother.
                  Tommy, No, but we got an uncle we keep a close eye on.

*If anyone knows or has seen Markopilot please let him know that his gunner misses him and would like to talk to him agian. He knows me by Gabriel87.

Comment

10 page article showing TONS of screens and even the Wii and PS2 versions which seem a bit more stylized and cartoony (not the RGB cartoon though).

Ecto 1 is back, it looks like the one from GB2, with the yellow/black warning stripes, but with less crap on top and it's using the original logo, not the GB2 logo.

- Release is for October 2008.
                    - You play as the 5th member of the team
                    - It takes place in 1991 and the city has agreed to fund you but they hire Peck to watch over you to make sure you're not just pulling their strings.
                    - After you are hired, a new evil hits New York and ghosts start appearing everywhere
                    - The first mission is to hunt down Slimer in the hotel from the 1st movie, it trains you how to use the proton pack and trap.
                    - While you play, you hear chatter from the other 4 members over your radio or in person when they're around you.
                    - The environments are destructible, but don't worry about bill as now that you're funded by the city, they cover the damage.
                    - You press the d-pad to deploy the trap
                    - There are different proton beams you can use and some of them act like a fishing mechanic, a pull and tug lasso effect.
                    - Terminal Reality has developed their own engine to handle the physics, they showed off a demo where they dropped hundreds of ragdoll bodies, boxes, and cars and they all reacted perfectly with no framerate hits.
                    - They will be able to simulate up to 1,000 objects at once with no framerate hit.
                    - The entire demo was done on the PS3 to show that they're not having trouble developing for it.
                    - There is a Slime Gun that shoots out a trail of green slime and you can anchor things to each end of the strand, you can tether ghosts to walls using this for easier trapping.
                    - One of the levels takes you back to the library from GB1 to re-visit that librarian ghost, or as Ray refers to it as, "the one that got away".
                    - The Elmer Bernstein score is in tact and while no other songs were confirmed, they have to imagine Ray Parker Jr's song will be included.
                    - Your AI teammates will perform all sorts of actions without you having to tell them and they can save you by shooting ghosts and deploying traps.
                    - They said they wanted to keep you as a 5th member of the team so you can hear all the interaction between the other 4 guys with the dialog that Akyroyd and Ramis are writing.
                    - They want the game to be, "fun, funny, or scary" at all times. In an average hallway, for example, ghosts could smash through a window, pop out from behind a vending machine, or come down from the ceiling.
                    - Your main hub is of course the Firehouse and you're free to walk around and talk to Janine, play with Egon's new gadgets, perform scientific experiments, etc. And YES you can slide down the firepole!!!!
                    - The Stay Puft battle is actually EARLY in the game as there's a big reveal bigger evil at play.

I got this from the IGN Wii board. I need to pick this issue up.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
                      - Terminal Reality has developed their own engine to handle the physics, they showed off a demo where they dropped hundreds of ragdoll bodies, boxes, and cars and they all reacted perfectly with no framerate hits.
                      - They will be able to simulate up to 1,000 objects at once with no framerate hit.
                      That sounds nice, but the first thing that comes to mind is what kind of hardware was their demo running off of?

After all, Crysis, looks absolutely amazing, you only need the latest hardware from 2010 to get it!
                      I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

http://www.destructoid.com/first-gam...ed-54467.phtml
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

website is up:
                          http://www.ghostbustersgame.com/us/index.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...