question for PHP guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for PHP guys

I know there are quite a few TG coders so I thought I would float this one out there. I'm working on a project that uses a Flash/Flex front end with PHP5/MySQL on the back end.

I'm trying to nail down how I am going to do user authentication and session management. Right now I'm leaning towards using PHP for the session management part but I don't want a scenario where the username and password are sitting there within the Flash client just waiting to be snatched. I've read a number of articles on this and most of the solutions seem to be either out of date or over engineered. I'm looking for something simple and effective here.

Suggestions?
    2 Legit 2 Quit

Re: question for PHP guys

Can't help you there, but asked a friend of mine who does all my back end coding for me. I do HTML/CSS front ends, on top of Ruby/Rails/MySQL back ends.

Would be curious to see a link to your Flash/Flex UI, when it's ready.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Re: question for PHP guys

Not exactly sure what you are trying to do.

Do you want the user to authenticate to PHP/mysql over a Flash UI or do you want to protect your PHP/mysql backend that feeds data to the Flash UI from outside access?

For authentication i would simply feed user/pass (hashes?) to the backend and use php session management to store session related data. From there you can use Javascript/Ajax requests to pull session data into your Flash UI.

What are the outdated and overengineered solutions you found?
      former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X