Unreal Tournament 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament 3

Is anyone on here going to play UT3? It just came out today, and I'm about to go pick up my copy of it. Just wondering if anyone else has it already and what they think of it.

Also, I ordered a 16 player UT3 server out of Dallas, and should be installed sometime soon, if you would like the IP pm me or xfire me(DistantT3rr0R) or leave a message on here!

Re: Unreal Tournament 3

I played the multiplayer beta for a second or two, it looks like a wet dream but I have never been a big fan of UT multiplayer, too much twitch not enough strategy.

Comment

I can't wait to go get it.. Love UT!
      When you can't run, you walk. When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't do that, you get someone to carry you.

Comment

Ok, I have a server setup. It is VCTF, just look for the powervs.com server. This will give us TG people somewhere to play till TG gets its own server(if they decide to get one).

Once there is an admin tool, I will see about getting some extra admins.
        When you can't run, you walk. When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't do that, you get someone to carry you.

Comment

I doubt TG will be getting a sever for Uneal Tournament.

And I'm an old UT1 vet.

Comment

UT3 for shear gaming goodness is a great product IMO. Yes, it's extreme twitch with lack of strat. but as a GAME it's quite awesome. Twitch is a skill unto itself, and of course no one pulls it off better than Epic. I find it quite funny though how we can be supportive of TF2 yet unsupportive of UT3... kinda weird if you asked me. You CAN institute strat. as a team in UT3, but it takes a hardcore effort... there are no definitive "roles" people can get into and feel lazy in (like in TF2). You CAN use these roles in UT3, but they have to be earned in-game via pickups... which makes it more of a challenge.

As for graphics, I dont think you can find a better true FPS out there currently. It's a damned beautiful game. I honestly think the art in UT3 is better then even Bioshock, and Bioshock is a game that'll last you about 4 hours before it gathers dust. Mapwise, there's more variety as well.

UT3 gives you expansive multiplayer, exciting pulse-wrenching gameplay, AWESOME vehicles to play with, and total control over what's arguably the best gaming engine there is (unreal engine 3) using the unreal editor. The editor alone is worth much more than the purchase price (i havent even really been playing the game much).

That being said, if you're getting UT3... try your best to get the UT3 Collector's edition. It contains probably about $50 worth of invaluable modding tutorials and some REALLY cool vids on the game's design.

p.s.
            I'm considering working on a TG-specific mod for UT3 that'll be more conducive to teamplay values. Really, it's not that hard to do with the tools given with the game. Given the shear awesomeness that is the Ue3 it'd be a shame if we didnt have some kind of server for it.
            Last edited by Gambit7; 11-25-2007, 10:12 PM.

Comment

I love Epic, they make great games. It was awesome to get UT2004 and all the neat tutorials with it, and the free headphones I got. Its a very nice engine, and their mod tools are top notch quality.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X