Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futurama is back!

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/11/26/da...uad-interview/

Just like when FOX initially killed The Family Guy, the fans rallied long enough to bring it back.

Re: Futurama is back!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the primary reason Futurama got cancelled was because Groening didn't want to do it anymore?

Regardless, only good things can come from this.

Comment

The original dust up iirc, was that FOX felt Groening was spending too much time on Futurama (lower ratings) instead of the Simpsons (cash cow). So much was spewed at the time, I have no real idea what happened. All I really know is that my favorite cartoon got the axe.

Now I'm stoked to have new Futurama material no matter how long it lasts.

Comment

Ha, just NetFlixed the movie. Love the show.
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
        - Check me out on The Onion
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Hopefully it won't be like Family Guy and will be funny when it returns.

Comment

I'd have to disagree, I find Family Guy to be just as funny since it's return, last night's episode was excellent. (11/25)
            "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
            -- Red Forman

Comment

FTA: "Torgo's Executive Powder"

Torgo powders the executives while The Master is away.

Comment

This is good news indeed.
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
                  Hopefully it won't be like Family Guy and will be funny when it returns.
                  I hate family guy. Just a bunch of random idiotic jokes that dont pertain to anything at all.

Futurama is the shiznit though. Im excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                    I hate family guy. Just a bunch of random idiotic jokes that dont pertain to anything at all.

Futurama is the shiznit though. Im excited.
                    I'm not normally a fan of no-brain humor, but Family Guy does it for me.

Futurama is in a whole 'nother class. Its like an older cartoon that while its perfectly fine to let your children watch it (and get alot of enjoyment out of it) there are so many well crafted adult references that make it great to watch as an adult.
                    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Daxx View Post
                      I'm not normally a fan of no-brain humor, but Family Guy does it for me.

Futurama is in a whole 'nother class. Its like an older cartoon that while its perfectly fine to let your children watch it (and get alot of enjoyment out of it) there are so many well crafted adult references that make it great to watch as an adult.
                      well said right there... I totally agree. I am super excited were getting new material :D .. and about the random pointless jokes.. Im pretty sure the reason its been amped up since the show started is because that is probably the biggest complaint from people who dont like the show lol.. I think its hilarious... thats the beauty of random jokes... they are random ! they are free to take a shot at anyone or anything at any given moment!! classic!:row__642:
                      Dizlor

Comment

Here is the difference.

Family Guy I laugh.

Futurama I laugh and smile.
                        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

This all snuck up on me. I've been waiting and waiting, and then saw the commercial last night. DAYUMMM. :)
                          Skud

Comment

Also futurama fans... The new DVD is coming Nov 27th "Bender's Big Score".

Click for trailer!!
                            I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
                            --Douglas Adams

Comment

I prefer Family Guy to Futurama. Futurama had to grow on me a bit.

I don't watch the new episodes of Family Guy though. The only "adult" comedy cartoon I watch at this point is The Boondocks.

Best one out there anyway.
                              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X