No announcement yet.

Tactical Reload

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Reload

I was just watching a handgun and rifle training video w/ todd jarret and as he went over the "tactical reload" where you switch magazines while you still have a round chambered and perhaps one or two left in the current magazine, and insert a fresh one still able to put a round where it needs to go if needed. I then thought to myself "why don't any games have this feature?" I cannot count how many times I've been killed while reloading even while having a few rounds in the current mag.. if only I had been still able to shoot the roud left in the chamber!

What do you all think about perhaps your game developer of choice including this lifesaving action into your game of choice?

Re: Tactical Reload

That's actually a really cool idea I don't recall seeing in any games. I'd love to see it incorporated, maybe as part of a FPS RPG advancement element. Or you know, just plain-Jane support for it.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

MGS games have the "quick reload" for the middle of firefights.

Oh, and I'm almost 100% certain this was one of the things that got cut from Vegas.

The only problem with this would be that in most games 1 bullet isn't going to do much. It would still be a pretty neat feature for games though.

| |

I think that the re-load time is used as a balancing factor of sorts in the game. After all, in a game you don't really ever need to re-load.

And every body loads at the same rate. And usually the rounds left in the magazine magically get added to your other magazines.

It could be used in games like Ghost Recon and Vegas but for BF2 types I think it would just be exploited. Imagine a bunny hopping re-loader that kills you.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
            Imagine a bunny hopping re-loader that kills you.
            I'd rather not, I like to sleep at night.
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Insurgency keeps track of your chamber. (Note that you can reload your rifle as you're jogging out of spawn with the magazine rifles, but SKS, being a clip rifle, doesn't allow such a shenanigan) I don't think it will let you fire the chambered shot while reloading (yet) since that would be really goofy as far as animations and accuracy is concerned.

Magazine + 1 works in real life, of course, and I always enjoy it when I'm watching a film and a character disables a weapon by removing the magazine and clearing the chamber. Which is rather rare.

That would make a neat perk in COD4.

Didn't they have this in Delta Force? Or did I not remember that right...?
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed