Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeRice(.org)

http://www.freerice.org

You practice your vocabulary while helping to feed starving people.
    Every three words you match correctly increases your difficulty. Every word you get wrong decreases your difficulty.

I started on level 32 and my current peak is 41. Donated over 5200 grains of rice.

Difficulty is spread by statistical analysis of the words people get right or wrong (I assume by bell curve). So the more people from TG playing, the easier for me to reach level 50 :-p
    Last edited by micr0c0sm; 11-29-2007, 11:57 AM. Reason: lol forward slashes

Re: FreeRice(.org)

I'm usually skeptical about sites like that. How do you know that the rice you (earned) actually goes to needy people?

And 5,200 grains of rice (presuming it's long grain) only comes out to about 1 1/2 bowls of rice. (1 bowl if it's in my usual rice bowl ;))
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well, if you get any sort of amusement out of the site, then it doesn't really matter if the rice goes anywhere. Look on it as a possiblity of others benefiting from your boredom while on the internet.
      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

This was an ad by google on that site. A goat kit sounds like fun!!

http://www.mercycorps.org/mercykits/...s/?source=1018

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm View Post
          http://www.freerice.org

You practice your vocabulary while helping to feed starving people.
          Every three words you match correctly increases your difficulty. Every word you get wrong decreases your difficulty.

I started on level 32 and my current peak is 41. Donated over 5200 grains of rice.

Difficulty is spread by statistical analysis of the words people get right or wrong (I assume by bell curve). So the more people from TG playing, the easier for me to reach level 50 :-p
          I don't know what level I started on, but I'm at level 44 after playing for about ten minutes.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

'sorry we are unable to process rice donations so fast'