Private number phone calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private number phone calls

is there a way to track a blocked phone number when someone trys to call your cell phone? i have been getting nightly... 2am-5am >private number< (blocked via *67 or whatever) calls to my cell phone with nobody on the other line, but noise in the background... i contacted my provider and they said there was no way THEY could track it without getting the court systems and a warrent to trace phone records or some crap like that.. if i turn off my phone, i have to delete 20 or so messages from my mailbox.. i thought about forwarding my phone to 911 but idk if i would get in trouble for that..... heh any help anyone?
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: Private number phone calls

Change your number?

In all seriousness, phone componies here in PA can add numbers to harrassment list and block them from calling your number, but that's on land lines and costs a fee. I don't own a cellphone and not sure if you can do that with them. There's also a feature of automatic call rejection if the party is using a blocked or private feature. But that'll block all of them.
    The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
    mutual respect for your fellow gamers
    and where all members
    would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
    Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Depending on your provider, some offer the same service on cellular plans as they do on landlines. Unfortunately, most cell companies do not. I found out the same thing when I had a similar situation to yours and ended up contacting T-Mobile.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

If you are receiving harassing phone calls, contact your service provider and let them know. Tell them that if they refuse to assist you, you will seek legal action. I'm pretty sure they'll give you a hand sorting it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
          If you are receiving harassing phone calls, contact your service provider and let them know. Tell them that if they refuse to assist you, you will seek legal action. I'm pretty sure they'll give you a hand sorting it out.
          You might want to watch that though and how you say it. Some componies policies are once any customer says anything about court, legal action, lawer, They must disengage the customer and refer them to the compony legal department. I worked for 3 different componies and they all had that policy, including one tech support.

Be tactful on the phone and tell them you'll seek action on the provider if nothing is done. Be negotiating and then that tends to work better. If that still doesn't work, Ask for the manager then while asking for thier employee number, corporate number and thier loction. That shows them you know thier business and you mean business. Don't let them tell you no. They will, They'll even admit sometimes there is no manager or number. But tell them you been down this road before and I have gotten this info before some time ago.

All cellphone componies are trained to screw with it's customers. I hate to admit that, but there is truth to it and they can get away with it due to the contracts you have that no one ever reads. Thats why I'll never own one until they get thier heads out of the rear.
          The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
          mutual respect for your fellow gamers
          and where all members
          would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
          Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

forward your phone to a fax machine at night.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
              forward your phone to a fax machine at night.
              hehehe

Comment

You may be able, depending on your provider, to not accept calls that are blocked. I have this on my home phone, so no caller id = no contacting me.

Also it is not a good idea to forward your phone calls to 911. You could be tying up a line that is needed for an emergency.
                "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Tonk View Post
                  is there a way to track a blocked phone number when someone trys to call your cell phone? i have been getting nightly... 2am-5am >private number< (blocked via *67 or whatever) calls to my cell phone with nobody on the other line, but noise in the background... i contacted my provider and they said there was no way THEY could track it without getting the court systems and a warrent to trace phone records or some crap like that.. if i turn off my phone, i have to delete 20 or so messages from my mailbox.. i thought about forwarding my phone to 911 but idk if i would get in trouble for that..... heh any help anyone?
                  okay here's what you do, and this will work (100% of the time for me).

Before you get the calls you'll need to set up your computer for some audio for playback.

During the call:

Pick up immediately: First get a female computer voice (you can find websites that do this) to speak "Call Forwarding"

Then, use redial or another audio clip (redial works for me) so that the other end hears a quick succession of touchtone numbers.

Next, use an audio clip for a ring (as in the prankster is now calling the number that you "redialed"). Any calling indication would work here, a monotone *tick*, an actual ringtone, silence, etc.

Finally after a few brief seconds of 'ringing', 'answer' the phone as, "[Dawson County Sheriff Department] How may I help you?" In the most agitated good ol' boy voice that you can muster. You can insert whichever law enforcement entity you like... maybe "This is the FBI call-forwarding harassment center, your phone call is being monitored and traced. Continued forwarded calls from your number to this service will result in arrest warrants being issued."

This usually freaks out any juvenile pranksters. I really like the idea of forwarding to a fax machine though. That's awesome!
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Careful about impersonating a law enforcement officer. If this ever goes any further, the folks who should help you (law enforcement officers) will take a VERY dim view of you pretending to be them.

Comment

"componies"

OMG PONIES!

Meanwhile:

1) It's a cell phone. Turn it off. Noob. And what's this crap about your mailbox. Are they sending you fliers?

2)
                      Originally posted by THE COM PONIES!
                      Call Trace ensures that the number of your last incoming caller is traced so that appropriate action may be taken against the harassing party.

To use Call Trace:
                      When you receive a harassing or offensive call, hang up immediately.
                      Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
                      Press *57.
                      Contact your local law enforcement agency or chat with us for further information.

Note: The information provided by Call Trace will not be available to you directly, but will instead be available only to law enforcement authorities possessing a valid subpoena or other valid legal authorization. If the call is life threatening, call your local law enforcement authorities immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                        1) It's a cell phone. Turn it off. Noob. And what's this crap about your mailbox. Are they sending you fliers?
                        Unless he's a text-message freak, he likely has a smartphone like a BlackBerry, and is receiving email to the device.
                        I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Sounds like he needs to get a stupidphone.

/hated and hates cellphones
                          //only got one because being stranded because of a breakdown sucks
                          ///happened twice since I got it
                          ////clearly, the phone is the jinx

Comment

Technophobe! Git with da times! :P
                            I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Disgust does not equal fear.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse