Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any programs that let you map out plans for games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any programs that let you map out plans for games?

Hi. I am looking for a program that let me map out a game. Such as, I load up a map/level in the program and it lets me draw arrows and plan out all sorts of stuff. Is this possible?

Free, if you wouldn't mind :P

Also, I heard of a program called "Virtual Testing Ground" I believe it is called, for ArmA, but I cannot find a download, it said it was released in October.

Re: Are there any programs that let you map out plans for games?

Advanced Tactical Center (ATC) does that... you can import your own screen shots and then draw over them. If you want to do it dynamically, you can host a networked session too - everyone can connect and see the marks as you (or they) make them.

Details: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...e2-v2-1-a.html

edit: it's for BF2 originally, so bear that in mind.

Comment

Sounds interesting.

Now I just wish there was a program that would you let edit the plan in a 3D view for ANY game.

Comment

There wouldn't be anything like that with 3D views and supported multiple games. Games can use different formats to store 3D data and writing a program to support all of them is a huge task. The program would have to act like a game with all the rendering it would have to do. The only difference is you don't actually play.

Try out online collaboration tools. There's http://www.vyew.com that's a whiteboard shared among those connected. You can paste images of game maps and such to do your planning.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

For the upcoming tourney in PR, they released a Map-drawing type tool. I've been digging around for it.
          Skud

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
            Advanced Tactical Center (ATC) does that... you can import your own screen shots and then draw over them. If you want to do it dynamically, you can host a networked session too - everyone can connect and see the marks as you (or they) make them.

Details: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...e2-v2-1-a.html

edit: it's for BF2 originally, so bear that in mind.
            You can customize it to work with other maps (like 2142), but you're still stuck with the BF2 icons, should you chose to use them.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X