Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counter-Strike: Source Pics (And stress test pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Strike: Source Pics (And stress test pics)

http://www.digitalcreations.cc/sniper/css/

More to come once I fix the pink-in-the-ground bug =)

Re: Counter-Strike: Source Pics (And stress test pics)

Is this released same time as HL2 or will it be a stand alone game?

Cool pics btw

Comment

Yeah, the more I see of it, the less I think that CS: Source is going to do anything for the game... It looks like it's the same old CS... The graphics aren't even that much better...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

tis the same. dMw has a running source server if you wanna try it.

Comment

Unfortunately game engine developement and the hardware requirements to run these new games can't keep pace with people's expectations. From what I've seen the graphics look a lot better than the original but its hard to tell until it ends-up on your monitor. Benny, have you seen it on a high-end system with AA and AF enabled in high res, it must be something of a novelty FFS?

Comment

I've seen it running on mine...so that'd be a no then (about 2 gig Ath, and a Rad9700) :icon12:

I've seen all the videos, which do look good, the aztec one looks nice especially.

In terms of play, I thik it's pretty much CS with bells and whistles. Some nice touches like ringing ears, blurred vision etc from the flashbangs, 'solid' walls appear to be solid.

On the downside, the running looks terrible. It's basically a tweaked engine CZ, give it a try, it's free remember!

Comment

Originally posted by Benny_
              It's basically a tweaked engine CZ, give it a try, it's free remember!
              Where do I get it if I may be so stupid? :icon_wink

Comment

If you have CZ it should pre-load to your steam client, just start up and off it goes, I think ATI owners get it free aswell, until the general release.

Comment

Ok. Right now, and am getting ready to taken pics of the highest quality possible. I will post the pics here, unless I get the pink blotches. That is a bug that they will soon fix, but if i get the pink, i wont post them yet

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                    Yeah, the more I see of it, the less I think that CS: Source is going to do anything for the game... It looks like it's the same old CS... The graphics aren't even that much better...
                    heh, a total different look and feel to the game, maps feel like actual places rather then limited maps, of original CS. :icon25:

Cing if your statment is true, then doom3 graphics are not better then splinter cell.

Comment

http://www.digitalcreations.cc/sniper/css/stresstest

yup

2080x1024
                      Radeon 9800 pro
                      512 ram
                      AF 16x
                      AA 8x :)

Comment

It's still CS. The only hope it has is that (crossing my fingers) the hardware requirements will be so high that the current crop of mental midgets playing CS won't move to the new one for at least a few months. If we could have the community we had in CS during the EARLY betas it would be a great game. The community of stupid children playing it currently ruined it.

Comment

So far there are really nice people in it.. so far... I still wish I had my own server though :P

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator
                            heh, a total different look and feel to the game, maps feel like actual places rather then limited maps, of original CS. :icon25:

Cing if your statment is true, then doom3 graphics are not better then splinter cell.
                            The look sure isn't totally different. As I haven't played it, I can't remark on the feel of it... I have no idea where your comparison of Doom3 to Splinter Cell came from...

As eternal said, this is an old game on a new engine. If the game takes advantage of nothing except the graphics, then I'm not interested. Graphics are nice, but they sure don't make a game good. And they certainly won't make an over-the-hill game suddenly new. CZ proved that...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

sniper...you one lucky man. i wish "i" could play cs:s :icon6:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X