X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft

Dose anyone here at TG play airsoft?

Re: Airsoft

I do with some friends of mine a few times a year. It's a lot of fun.
    "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

i play every saturday with my team http://www.teamtfd.com/index.html

Comment

Sweet. We have a local field but it just opened and I haven't been there. We have a team as well but I'm not old enough to join it yet. We last played the day after Thanksgiving and we are going to play again on the 29th of December.
        What kinds of guns do you use? (M16 series, AK etc.)

Comment

Never played before, my hobbies are just games. No extras.

Comment

I've played Airsoft extensively for years- I've got a guitar case full of guns (hee hee), Urban SWAT gear, US Special Forces woodland-style gear, etc. I was deeply involved in Florida Airsoft, and frequently went to state games.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play since starting med school 1.5 years ago. :P
            ---------------
            Doc-in-training

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor Goku View Post
              I've played Airsoft extensively for years- I've got a guitar case full of guns (hee hee), Urban SWAT gear, US Special Forces woodland-style gear, etc. I was deeply involved in Florida Airsoft, and frequently went to state games.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play since starting med school 1.5 years ago. :P
              I used to play a lot last winter (I live in Hollywood, FL) Did a scenario with the Raat crew up in palm beach. I believe they still do Friday nights at Rage in Hollywood also. I used to be active in the SEAL forums, but I think they went down.

Problem down here is airsoft is only viable in the wintertime as it's too hot any other time. When you're wearing full combat gear you can pass out quite easily.

Comment

OK, which one of you is this?

Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                  OK, which one of you is this?

I'm the dead dude the guy is carrying.

Comment

I'm in the shack; you can't see me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                      I used to play a lot last winter (I live in Hollywood, FL) Did a scenario with the Raat crew up in palm beach. I believe they still do Friday nights at Rage in Hollywood also. I used to be active in the SEAL forums, but I think they went down.

Problem down here is airsoft is only viable in the wintertime as it's too hot any other time. When you're wearing full combat gear you can pass out quite easily.
                      Ah, the SEAL forums went down? Those were some fun guys :(

Yeah, it did get crazy hot- I usually didn't play from about May to August, but the rest of the year was fair game. I just wore less gear on those days :P
                      ---------------
                      Doc-in-training

Comment

I once played with Dok. I earned no frags, forgot to order a surrender when I could've, only to subsequently have my pellets break the laws of physics and fly FAR left ftl. Dok's plastic P22X's weren't firing and that was my fault somehow, and as my only successful maneuver, I positioned myself in the end-of-day group photo to be completely unidentifyable, save for the edge of my right leg.

I'm awesome like that.

Comment

I had aspirations once to hook up with Mindgame Productions and organize a Tactical Gamer reunion through airsoft.

One of the head guys for Mindgame actually lives down here in SoFla (I forgot his name.. Dok, maybe you remember).

Anyways, maybe someday it'll happen... but I dont have the time to do it as usual.
                          Mindgame are the best in America at civilian airsoft simulation IMO, and if you dont have gear no worries.. as there are plenty of vendors on-site to rent it out.

All in all, airsoft is a helluva lot of fun and even more of a workout then paintball. It's also a lot cheaper. Couple that with good barbeque, beer, and being able to hob-nob with real soldiers and hear war stories... and it's a lot of fun.

You'd be surprised what happens to people once they're holding a perfect replica of an M4/16/14 (whatever) donned in full combat BDU w/radio, camelbak, ammo, helmet,tac lights, grenades, maps, etc. They really get lost in the moment.

good times

Comment

'play' airsoft? as in the guns that are electric/spring powered and shoot the plastic BB's? thats the only airsoft ive heard of.

if so, you can play like that? i just get them for shooting at targets and stuff for target practice.
                            "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Electrics and springers are for weenie girly men. Non-noobs use propane power.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X