Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED....... for the love of God read this.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED....... for the love of God read this.

Do NOT make a new thread asking to be unbanned. The proper course of action is to send a private message to one of the admins over the game you are having problems with.

REGARDLESS OF THE REASON for the ban.... technical, mistake, malicious, or whatever... putting it out in the public - and the FIRST FORUM ON THE FREAKIN BOARD NO LESS - is, in the words of Captain Hook, bad form.

Please do yourself - and the rest of us who browse the forums more than once a day - a favor and not piss off the admins or clutter the boards with ANOTHER 'unban me' thread.

No one cares for the excuses:
    "Please, please, please!!!! unban me! It was a mistake! here's what happened: My cat got into my monster and went into spazms. he started playing as me on BF2 and he TK'ed like 4 admins. I tried to get him playing minesweeper, but he just flipped me off and then hacked a furball in my video card... of course I CTD'ed and THEN he decided to log on to the forum and...."

Did you know that there are currently 19,756 users of these forums who do not care why you were banned?
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Re: IF YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED....... for the love of God read this.

she should have just bought the laptop.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Someone give that man a +rep for me!!!!! that was freakin hilarious!!!!! stupid spread some rep around rule..... hehehe
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Comment

Admirable, but this post won't do a thing. It's like a gun control law, only less effective. No one who's fired up about being banned will stop to read this or the FAQ/rules because if they were the type to do so, they probably would not have been banned in the first place. Besides, people posting ZOMG I GOT B& threads is a great way to help the administration see the appropriate way to handle the banned user's situation.

"[My] situation." Hehe.

Comment

Unfortunately not everyone is forum savvy and our forums in particular can be a bit overwhelming. There will be people who will not know where to go, regardless of how many threads point them. There will be people who are too impatient and simply post first.

All we can do is do our best to make the relevant information readily available... and direct players who post public unban requests to the correct location.

In any case, we all need to be respectful when addressing those players.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Toady.

Comment

Hm, could always make it sticky front page news. Bleh, even then it probably wouldn't work...
              "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
              -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
                Did you know that there are currently 19,756 users of these forums who do not care why you were banned?
                well, id be willing to bet that 1000 or so of those are people who signed up and posted once... and that post was to ask for an unban
                powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I understand your frustration. More than likely, players that have been banned probably missed some relevant facts in-game, come here, and I don't think they are going to be on the lookout for relevant game and forum facts. Yes, it is off setting to see such a lack of effort, but it happens and will always happen. Best thing to do is just either point them in the right direction or let them know there is a right direction and to take 34.6 seconds to find it. :)

Here's what -might- work. The top half of the page be it's own frame with a giant flashing "Banned? Click here!" that you can only turn off in your profile :madsmile:

Just have patience, chuckle about another nub, but putting up a post like this will get no rep from me, just a waste of space. Speaking of which... I have another post to make!

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                  "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                  - Wulfyn

Comment

I wasn't fishing for rep, I was expressing a frustration to the flurry of "I've been banned" issues in a very short time frame. the older 'banned' posts were still in the top 10 threads with the answer. I was just trying to temporarily relieve the tsunami.

Comment

If they don't read the stickies, they ain't gonna read you post. Just us bored forum wh0r3z. =)

Anyhow, I like your quotes.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                      "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                      - Wulfyn

Comment

I like my version better.

Comment

How would i go about getting banned, anyway? Would warning Apophis that 'there are snipers out' and then TK'ing him with my own sniper rifle do it? What if he did it to me? Could I ban him? :)
                          Comment

Originally posted by Karma View Post
                            How would i go about getting banned, anyway? Would warning Apophis that 'there are snipers out' and then TK'ing him with my own sniper rifle do it? What if he did it to me? Could I ban him? :)
                            LOL!

Ah, I rarely played that game, but I still reserve the right to note that those were the days...

And where have you been hiding, anyway?
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've been working and playing some City of Heroes. That about sums it up.

I haven't looked in here in a while and I thought I'd pop my head in, see if I recognized any faces. What games are you playing around here, Cing?
                              Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X