recommend me a whiskey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend me a whiskey

Canadian or American since i got the Scottish and Irish one's.

Price range 20-100$.

Thank you
    I'm sorry, I was taking life seriously.

Re: recommend me a whiskey

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/member.php?u=7293
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Some of my personal favorites....

Jameson 18 yo about $60.00

Balvenie 12 yo about $80.00

Glen Livet 18 yo about $65.00
      "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

J. Walker Blue?

- - Nevermind out of budget. I got mine during a cruise for $80.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by toyota View Post
          Canadian or American since i got the Scottish and Irish one's.

Price range 20-100$.

Thank you
          It looks like people didn't notice that you said you already got Scotch and Irish whisky taken care of...

Maker's Mark is a fine American bourbon that you should be able to find anywhere.

If you've got a decent liquor store near you, though, you might want to check out Booker's, Eagle, Wild Turkey (Kentucky Spirit or Rare Breed), or Jefferson's Reserve. A lot of people like Knob Creek, but I'd rather drink Beam than Knob.

If you go with the Wild Turkey, consider also the Wild Turkey honey liqueur. It's one of my favs. When I was a kid, my grandpa would let me drizzle that, or Midori (a melon liqueur), on my bowl of vanilla ice cream for a treat. Probably get him arrested if he did it nowadays, but that was some good stuff...

I'm not too big on Canadian whiskies, I always just stick with Crown. I'm sure Crown Royal has a premium or reserve version that would be nice.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'll throw in another vote for Maker's Mark. You can't miss the bottles as they have the cap secured with red wax. It's a great sipping whiskey.
            Last edited by Wimpinator; 12-19-2007, 12:52 PM. Reason: Bah! I can't type!
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

Maker's Mark is a very nice bourbon for a good price.

If you have money to burn and want an outstanding bourbon try Pappy Van Winkle 20-year old.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                If you go with the Wild Turkey, consider also the Wild Turkey honey liqueur. It's one of my favs. When I was a kid, my grandpa would let me drizzle that, or Midori (a melon liqueur), on my bowl of vanilla ice cream for a treat.
                Is that the American Eagle or American Honey..or something like that? That is really an acquired taste... It's a bit sweet..almost like a honey cough drop..

As for my wonderful palette... Black Velvet at $10 a bottle.. or splurge and get BV Reserve for $13.00 a bottle (on sale for $10.00 now in the velvet bag!!) - Canadian

Of Course if you wanna be classy and stuck up about it... go with Crown Royal... for a nice overpriced canadian whiskey..
                Last edited by peardog; 12-19-2007, 02:18 PM.
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot View Post
                  J. Walker Blue?

- - Nevermind out of budget. I got mine during a cruise for $80.
                  Wow...The Damn cruise almost payed for itself with that Purchase..

$184 on Sale here in PA!!!
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Knob Creek, Makers Mark, Crown Royal, Wild Turkey...all good to go
                    Last edited by StevieRay; 12-19-2007, 02:30 PM. Reason: typo...it is Knob Creek
                    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

BTW:
                      Whisky
                      Whiskey --- Whats up with the spelling..what makes one a different spelling? Off topic..maybe... ?? We need a Whiskey forum..
                      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                        BTW:
                        Whisky
                        Whiskey --- Whats up with the spelling..what makes one a different spelling? Off topic..maybe... ?? We need a Whiskey forum..
                        The spelling whisky (plural whiskies) is generally used for whiskies distilled in Scotland, Wales, Canada, and Japan, while whiskey is used for the spirits distilled in Ireland. A 1968 directive of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms specifies "whisky" as the official U.S. spelling, but allows labelling as "whiskey" in deference to tradition; most U.S. producers still use the latter spelling, Early Times, Maker's Mark, and George Dickel being among the few exceptions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey

Comment

Cheap: Ezra Brooks ~$22 for a 1.75L - A great tasting bourbon for the price!
                          Moderate: Makers Mark ~$35 for a 1.75 - Probably my favorite, overall.
                          Moderate: Crown Royal Reserve Select ~35 for a 750mL - WAY better than regular CR, IMO.
                          Expensive: Never had the pleasure of trying any high-end Whiskey, so I really can't give a valid opinion.
                          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Is that the American Eagle or American Honey..or something like that? That is really an acquired taste... It's a bit sweet..almost like a honey cough drop..
                            Yes, I think it's now called Wild Turkey American Honey. And I can see how it might bring thoughts of a honey cough drop, but it's so smooth and sweet...

Mmmmm....
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Wow...The Damn cruise almost payed for itself with that Purchase..
                              No.. no.. unless I was able to buy 30 bottles.. THEN it might pay for the cruise.. of course I'f I sold them. :D
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X