Q. SWAT4 game server rentals...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q. SWAT4 game server rentals...

Just wondering if anyone might know where to find a SWAT4 game rental server, and not from TG... I want to run this myself with some major hardcore rules and standards, I want it to be the most tactical, most realistic game server period, invitation only.

this game is great, and IMO one of the most tactical, most realistic, most exciting games released in a long time.... and not including pretty dark at times... the dead children, the serial rapist... the one and only complaint I've had with SWAT4 is the extreme use of force policy, unrealisitic...but I do understand that they were just trying to get people not to play this as another shooter.

My biggest disappointment of the year was that no word on a SWAT5... and I was looking at all these game rental places, plenty of rentals for ArmA, Battlefield 1 through 1000 (lol), even CoD4 (which I'm thinking about for a couple of months... (small teams 6 vs 6)...but not one of them rented a SWAT 4 game server... would like one of those and make it the most tactical server of any game.

So if you know of a game rental server company, with a good reputation, and supports SWAT4 SS, please let me know... and thanks.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Q. SWAT4 game server rentals...

What specs do you need on a server for that Mag? I have one sitting here doing nothing ;-) (Can you say Asset forfeiture..)
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

lol, I'd do it myself...got a great system for hosting games also, dedicated one at that...biggest problem I have is routers and firewalls... no matter what i do, even have it in DMZ mode, no one can ever connect to my own machines. (got 4 of them, lol)...

If there was a honest interest, and I'm not saying like being there every day, I'd like to see TG put some tactical servers back up... like SWAT4 SS.

SWAT4 don't require a great system to run, just a nice pipe to get 8 to 10 players in for a stick (thats a SWAT term,lol).
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Heh..I got a dual core Xenon with 4 gigs or memory... on a College Pipe... (depending on where 7-8kbs down and 4-5K Up...;

Maybe I will test it one day to see what we can get...
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

How about this:
          http://www.zebgames.com/servers/game.php

Not sure of the quality tho...
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

thx, will bookmark it.... working on it with Apophis, if members think there is intrest in a hardcore tactical experience, just remember SWAT is a very different tactical game then anything else, and definitly NOT Battlefield 2. lol
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Probably the reason I LOVED the games (3 and 4) but didn't like Multiplayer at all...a bunch of freaks Stun gunning and macing each other...
              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

if you liked swat then play with magnum. Playing with him is what got me into tactical realism. He uses real swat tactics and moves. Great learning experience.
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

thx trooper... ya, a i remember trooper you made us all those nice custom uniforms, and i remember our 1 minute drills where we cleared a map/mission in under 1 minute, true dynamic entry, lol, i don't think we ever did it though, the best was 1 min 8 seconds. lol... man did we have some fun, got better and faster after we dropped the mirroring of the doors, really forced you to enter and cover your section. ;)
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                    thx trooper... ya, a i remember trooper you made us all those nice custom uniforms, and i remember our 1 minute drills where we cleared a map/mission in under 1 minute, true dynamic entry, lol, i don't think we ever did it though, the best was 1 min 8 seconds. lol... man did we have some fun, got better and faster after we dropped the mirroring of the doors, really forced you to enter and cover your section. ;)

This was just insane. Im sure you can pull strag friedfish and turbo in as well.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Magnum's concept of SWAT4 in a tactical environment is exactly what "tactics" are supposed to be at TG. We're going to get something worked out that is hardcore, true to life, and true to TG's roots with this title.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                        Magnum's concept of SWAT4 in a tactical environment is exactly what "tactics" are supposed to be at TG. We're going to get something worked out that is hardcore, true to life, and true to TG's roots with this title.

o gosh im getting goose bumps just thinking about it.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Well. Magnum knows how to do SWAT4 right. Playing with him and some of the other LEO members of TG brought back a lot of the feelings from those good ol' Ghost Recon Days.
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I look forward to it ....
                            ...Stacked up and waiting command..
                            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

I 've never played SWAT games before, and if this goes through I'll certainly see about picking up a gold edition. They're what, 20 bucks max? If only vegas had the features of SWAT.
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X