Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me decide how to spend my Xmas money!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide how to spend my Xmas money!

What should i spend my money on?

I got 145 dollars for X-mas, and im debating what i should buy:

Either, a new monitor, a 19" flatscreen with speakers on it for 140.

OR

Buy some new games, like CoD4, BF2 (which is cheap tho), an RTS or RPG, etc. some new/fun games to play online
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Help me decide how to spend my Xmas money!

I know what you mean. I'm thinking of getting one of the high-end Creative sound cards, to replace my mobo sound. And a 24" flat panel to replace my 2048x1500 tube monitor.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Soulja View Post

OR

Buy some new games, like CoD4, BF2 (which is cheap tho), an RTS or RPG, etc. some new/fun games to play online
      buy the monitor and only BF2. this will allow you to play POE2 and FH2 (both free). lotsa bang for your buck

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Supporting Membership.
        USAR

Comment

Call of Duty 4!!!
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike View Post
            buy the monitor and only BF2. this will allow you to play POE2 and FH2 (both free). lotsa bang for your buck
            Absolutely the best way to go since BF2 is ~$10 and the mods are free. Do you really need speakers on the monitor?
            |TG|Melee
            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
              Absolutely the best way to go since BF2 is ~$10 and the mods are free. Do you really need speakers on the monitor?
              I agree with Melee buy Battlefield2 and just download POE2, FH2, and PR. There are still new players getting into these mods so you won't be the only one learning the basics, plus on a TG server you most likely find a fellow member who would gladly help you out; it's all about teamwork with these mods anyways.

With the extra money buy CoD4 a great game both single and multiplayer, I'm sure you know this already with all the good reviews out there.

Regarding your interest in a monitor with speakers on it: the speakers will usually sound cheap on LCD monitors. They will probably be 2 1watt speakers at that price. In my opinion you should have a minimal of 5 watt on each speaker.
              |TG-Irr| p.Vicious

XboxLive = TG Irr Vicious

Comment

Do your eyes a favor and get a refurb flatscreen. Use headphones, not speakers, buy BF2 and buy 3 months of Supporting Membership. You'll like what you see, you'll have lots of game fun for 10 bucks, and you can see what being an SM is like without committing to a year.
                sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Soulja View Post

OR

Neither of these options are booze and/or loose women... This is clearly a trick question, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Arf View Post
                    Neither of these options are booze and/or loose women... This is clearly a trick question, yes?
                    If only supporting membership supplied those.... :D
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Invest in a no load mutual fund or Vanguard target retirement account. Prosper.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                        If only supporting membership supplied those.... :D
                        What? You didn't get yours? Maybe you should talk to Apophis about that.
                        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

hahaha.

Yeah i don't really need the speakers since i always use my headset unless people are over and i want them to hear as well.

So i don't really need speakers on the monitor, thats just an extra.
                          as for BF2, i looked online, and yeah its only 10 bucks around here so i can get monitor and that, and as soon as i can get a job ill buy CoD4. that'll work out good.

ALSO, i found a really nice monitor, its 200, 150 after rebate, and its 20.1" LCD, Widescreen w/speakers and removable neck to be mounted or something. 5ms, 1000:1 ratio, and everything seems super nice on it.
                          "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
                            Supporting Membership.
                            ^^^ what he said