Texas > DFW: 9.71 The Eagle is back!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas > DFW: 9.71 The Eagle is back!

After 4+ years The best rock station is finally back on the air. This was news to me yesterday, but apparently its back on the air since 12/18. Most people that live in Tx, and love rock know what this station is. I listened to it all day today. Yep, I'm pretty happy about it.

Who else listened to it before it went to a crappy music station?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KEGL

Re: Texas > DFW: 9.71 The Eagle is back!

Amen to that brother, loved this station good to see it back.

Comment

Never heard of it...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        Never heard of it...
        Tune is, they play very good stuff, more older stuff, than the Edge plays. Edge is getting to "poppy" now.

Comment

Never heard of the Edge, either... I do know that when I plugged my new iPod into my new FM transmitter, that you cannot go 200Khz without hitting another station in Dallas. There are an ungodly number of radio stations available here.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

102.1 is the edge, they are getting to be more pop-rock/ emo-rock. I enjoy Lex & Terry in the mornings though.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
              102.1 is the edge, they are getting to be more pop-rock/ emo-rock. I enjoy Lex & Terry in the mornings though.
              If you like them you should try Russ Martin 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm week days on 105.3

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                If you like them you should try Russ Martin 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm week days on 105.3
                Yeah I've listened to Russ alot, good show.

Comment

Wow, very strange news here. I thought it was funny when I heard Lex and Terry on THE EAGLE yesterday!

By Mike Boyle

With Clear Channel Radio (CCR) Houston director of rock programming Vince Richards (pictured) set to take over all of CCR's Dallas properties as OM on Jan. 7, two of the stations under his direct programming charge -- active rock KEGL (the Eagle) and alternative KDGE (the Edge) -- are already making moves.

First, KDGE's syndicated Lex & Terry morning show is moving to KEGL -- currently jockless -- which dumped its two-year-old Spanish-language oldies "La Preciosa" format on Nov. 30 and returned to active rock on Dec. 19 after stunting with holiday music. KDGE and KEGL will simulcast the show on Jan. 7-8, with KEGL going solo with the show on Jan. 9. KDGE is in search of a new morning show.

Concurrent with the morning show changes, both stations are making several other adjustments to their on-air line-ups.

At KDGE, evening jock Alan Ayo is moving to middays, leaving Richards with an evening slot to fill in addition to mornings. Jessie will continue in afternoons.

Over at KEGL, Chris Ryan is moving from middays at KDGE to Eagle APD/middays on Jan. 7. The station will be making additional on-air appointments soon.

As for the other three CCR/Dallas stations under Richards' charge, the day-to-day programming will continue to be split up like this: Duane Doherty will focus on Americana KZPS (Lone Star), Patrick Davis on CHR/top 40 KHKS, and Rick O’Bryan on hot AC KDMX.

Comment

YEAH BABY!! I heard Russ talking about (jokingly) going back to the Eagle, and that is how i heard..

L&T are simulcasting until tomorow morning where they will stay on the Eagle..

I like the Edge and the Eagle both, but mostly i listen to "my" music..progressive metal type stuff (Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica, etc..) along with some old Metallica (The Prince, Ride the Lightning) stuff..there is supposed to be a Sirius channel that plays stuuf i like, but i have never activated my Sportster that i got for Xmas 2006...

Comment

I'll stick with my CD player. Ever since that rap station(107.9?) took over my Electronica station, I've been very sad....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X