Man, respect the cat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, respect the cat!

Certain everyone has heard the terrible story of the tiger attack at the SF zoo. I was just watching the news and they had an unbelieveable clip of a tiger attacking a man on an elephant. Which they speculate the SF tiger may have jumped it's enclosure.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jojNzvtP6LY[/media]

The man luckily was not killed but look at that jump. A cat weighing 900-1200(?) pounds coming out of nowhere and leaping almost up the height of a grown elephant. I could not imagine, you can't even see the tiger until it's barely out of the grass!
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Man, respect the cat!

No kidding. My girlfriend and I were just talking about how our housecat sometimes pulls off 6ft if air. I imagine a 15 ft wall is nothing for a siberian tiger.
    | | |

Comment

Wow..How scary was it for the Tiger when the guy almost swatted him with the TWIG he was holding... I must have misinterpreted what those were..

Or I now understand the mentality that comedian Sam Kinison (Dead) ..said when he uttered (Screamed) the immortal words .. "MOVE TO WHERE THE FOOD IS!!"
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

"Walk softly and carry a big stick."

Our problem here is, He wasn't walking softly with that big elephant there. The stick wasn't that big either. This person wasn't listening to our fearless hunter's words. :)
        The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
        mutual respect for your fellow gamers
        and where all members
        would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
        Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

What I thought was a shame about the whole incident was the tiger in SF was shot. I know it killed a person and mauled 2 others but I am sure they could have done something with it besides killing it. Tranquilizer darts maybe? Anyway, I lost one of my kittens Christmas Eve and had me really upset and then finally reading the story about the tiger made me frustrated, the tiger was a caged animal, how do people expect an animal such as a tiger to react when it were to get loose? Not be a little kitty cat and walk up and start to purr and rub against their leg. It did what was natural to it, don't blame such a gorgeous animal for that. The blame goes solely on the zoo in my opinion, whether it was human error or the tiger did jump the fence and moat(which is also human error for not knowing just how far a tiger is willing to go for some freedom).

That video is awesome, if it were me on the elephant I believe I would have died with a heart attack or been screaming like a little girl seeing something like that coming at me.
          Is there anymore to the video I wonder? Be interesting to see how that all turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
            That video is awesome, if it were me on the elephant I believe I would have died with a heart attack or been screaming like a little girl seeing something like that coming at me.
            Is there anymore to the video I wonder? Be interesting to see how that all turned out.
            I know I'm a sick bastard, but I'd like to see the hand/arm of the guy with the stick turn into kitty food...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

There is a full clip in the related video's section. It's just as you would expect, a guy missing everything on his hand 'cept his pistol--thumb and pointer.
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Turns out the wall holding that tiger in was 4 ft under the Zoological reccomendation. Unfortunate that this animal died, as well as a man, due to human error.

The Tiger was attacking a person when it turned it's attention toward an officer and charged. He really had no choice but to shoot the Tiger...I know I wouldn't have thought twice about it if it were me staring that cat in the eyes as it lunged toward me. But it's unfortunate all the same. This situation could have been prevented. They also suspect that the animal was antagonized and that resulted in him leaping the wall. I only hope that the cat's last meal was the person who was taunting it.
                | | |

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                  What I thought was a shame about the whole incident was the tiger in SF was shot. I know it killed a person and mauled 2 others but I am sure they could have done something with it besides killing it. Tranquilizer darts maybe?
                  You're kidding, right?
                  It was shot by the police.
                  It's just too bad that there were noone else around to put her down so perhaps that poor kids life could've been saved.
                  We can discuss how she got out and who to blame etc, but if and when a tiger is on the loose and starts eating people it's a tad too late to be thinking of the animals well being and just shoot it dead.
                  Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

It is sad about the deaths as well as the tiger itself dying. The people to blame are the zoo who should always assume something like this can and will happen.

Even if that tiger had gone back to its cage they could not let it live having killed a human. The animal would have known humans are an easy kill and taken it from there basically, theres no going back once something like that happens

I just read this tiger had eaten a human arm 1 year before, keeping it alive at that point was a mistake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatiana_%28tiger%29

Liger:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                      I just read this tiger had eaten a human arm 1 year before, keeping it alive at that point was a mistake
                      No, it took a swipe at a keeper and slashed her arm. There was no eating.
                      I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X