• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of the Year 2007

http://gameinvasion.comcast.net/game...eoftheyear_4x3

Agree? Disagree? Discuss....

I tend to disagree.
    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Re: Game of the Year 2007

I think Bioshock is a clear winner.

Comment

BioShock was a good game. Definitely one of the best single player games ever. But better than HL2? C'mon... That's quite a stretch.

You are seeing a very successful marketing campaign, folks.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I haven't played any of those games...and quite frankly, I don't feel compelled to do so either. I was told by a friend who's got assassins creed that it's boring and all hype...seeing it as a nominee for best game of the year makes me wonder if he's got a different take then everyone else or if games just sucked this year
        Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

Boo, i thought BioShock wasn't that great. I think either CoD4 or Assassin's creed shoulda won. Meh, that's me though.
          "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

The video game industry is becoming wayyyyy too media friendly. 2007 had some awesome games, but at the same time, had some of the most hype ever. I've heard bioshock was great from a ton of people, but still haven't played it. CoD4 or Super Mario Galaxy shoulda won. And why weren't any of the Orange Box games nominated?

Comment

I mean overall I'd choose COD4 because of its strong singleplayer and multiplayer. Bioshock was only singleplayer, but it was a very unique experience.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                I mean overall I'd choose COD4 because of its strong singleplayer and multiplayer. Bioshock was only singleplayer, but it was a very unique experience.
                I'd have to agree. Bioshock was more hype then anything, hell I'd take Mass Effect over Bioshock any day of the week.
                USAR

Comment

Wow i disagree who like to think hen playing video games assassin creed should be second place and cod4 FIRST
                  I am the fifth and most dangerous ElEmEnT of Earth not Fire, Water, Air, or even Earth but “DEATH”
                  P.S. if you hear a scope click you better start running!!!

Comment

Dissapointment. Bioshock was fun, but It only warranted one single play-through. Same with Assassin's Creed and Super Mario Galaxy.. those three I own and have played, beaten, and stopped playing.

Bioshock was a nice thriller game while you played it, but, and I can't place it, The story seems done before. Probably the whole "Protagonist of the story is being fooled by your only friend in the game to do their bidding against an enemy equally as evil as themselves." I could tell somehow early on that Atlas wasn't all he claimed to be. Now, X-Play, Would you kindly pick a real winner?

Assassin's Creed was a wonderful and beautiful game, I was completely engrossed in the game for the 2-3 days It took to beat it. But Now all that's left for me to do is go kill knights and collect a billion flags in the giant cities, and despite the awesome Parkour-typed movement within these cities, in the act of doing it you're violating laws and start being chased, only to end up running in circles to try and get just far ahead of the pursuers so you can jump in a wagon of hay. That doesn't mean I don't hold the game in high regards though, it being the first in a possible trilogy (hopefully it'l go further than Advent Rising) I am already sold on the sequel. Theres a great story so far and the lingering questions have me excited to experience it.

Super Mario Galaxy was fun as well for the few days it took me to beat it, I made it a point to get every star humanly possible during the first few galaxies (except a few comet ones which I wasn't going to wait for) But after like half of Galaxy 4, I realized I had almost enough stars to beat the last Bowser, even though I still had two left! (well, one was baby Bowser) Most of the boss fights were pretty easy, but that's understandable since Mario has and always will be marketed to the older children or young teen groups, with people who played Super Mario Brothers are buying it in the hope of reliving the past. There is a chance in the future for me to pick up Super Mario Galaxy again simply because I hate how Nintendo has Belittled Luigi in the years and want to unlock him to play.

But, all of that will need to wait till I get tired of Rock Band, which If I had a say would have been up in the nominee lists as well.
                    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Vinzalf made some good points about Bioshock. I did enjoy playing it and there was some unique elements to it but I only played it through once. I may play it again, but there is not a very high replay value with this game. It was also hyped up to be more then what it was IMO.

COD4 carried a lot of hype as well but I found that it lived up to it. This game has pulled me away from my other games completely. I think it could easily be game of the year.

Comment

On Gamespot.com, they have the Orange Box nominated for almost every category.
                        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I think it was Spike that awarded breakthrough technology to Portal. While I absolutely love the game, I don't really consider it that much of a breakthrough in terms of tech. As overhyped and disappointing as Crysis was, I think it deserved that award.

Comment

I look at all this and realize that they don't know a dam thing. I'll be my own judge.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X