We broke 20,000 members!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We broke 20,000 members!

I just realized while staring at my dynamic signature that we recently broke 20,000 members! That's just insane to me...

I'm a bit speechless about it actually, maybe someone should write a "State of the Community" thread on it or something. Quite a milestone. I remember chillin on TS with a few peeps (like bear, CD, luna, beep...) playin GR and JO. Things are a changin' round these parts.

grats TG!

Re: We broke 20,000 members!

Amazing. Now I don't feel so bad having to manage a squad with 70+ members! :row__572:
    sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

All that tells me is that someone needs to prune out the 13000 folks who have zero posts.
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
        All that tells me is that someone needs to prune out the 13000 folks who have zero posts.

Do you mean that I would have to give up my other 25 personalities....???
        "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

We have pretty much doubled in size each year for the past few years. I would expect to see around 40k users come Jan 2009. :)
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

That's really an accomplishment, so congratulations to the admins, players and even the lurkers who register and never post! TG is well on its way to becoming an institution in gaming.

Comment

Congrats to all! I know TG was a godsend for me back in the BF2 days and has been my home for all multiplayer gaming since. We just need to find those next 20,000 that think the same way :)

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                We have pretty much doubled in size each year for the past few years. I would expect to see around 40k users come Jan 2009. :)
                That's because TG is an oasis in the internet desert. People, especially those who are TG's "target" demographic, know a good thing when they find it!

Congratulations!!!:row__593:
                Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                  Oh geez.... I think I need another drink.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

O.o i will be on these servers as long as i have the time and connection.
                    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

WooT!

[unit][support]
                      The Greatest Risk In Life Is Not Taking One.
                      I am proud to serve my Country!
                      United States Army
                      I'ma BAD Mutha

:icon40:I am proud to have been an IRRegular!:icon40:
                      I am Proud To Have Served With The 3rd Special Forces Detachment!
                      "Lets spam smoke grenades and slowly kill them with cancer!" -Mixa

Comment

WoOt! 3 cheers for TG and Apophis!
                        The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
                        mutual respect for your fellow gamers
                        and where all members
                        would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
                        Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Wow, this is crazy (in a good way I mean). I was playing on the CoD4 Hardcore server and someone had asked how many members were in TG (it might have been one of the regular non-TGers). I guessed around 15 In House Squads and a few thousand members. It surprised me when one of the 4th or 5th corrected me by saying its 20,000.
                          BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
                          CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

20,000 Members. Damn, I dont think theres more than 2 or 3 gaming communities that can boast that kind of numbers, and certainly none in the same league as TG. I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Apophis, all of the content development guys, all of the game officers, admins and moderators for doing so freaking unbelievably much work to give us such a great online home. I'd also like to thank every single person in the TG community for being a part of this great big thing we do, every one of you makes a mark and it wouldnt be the same if you werent here.

I look forward to many more years of gaming at no other place than TG. Thanks guys and gals.

Comment

So where do all these people come from?

Here are some interesting stats that unfortunately only run from May 2007-December 2007, but they are telling either way.

Total Visits: 1,175,272
                              Total UNIQUE Visitors: 386,986
                              Average Repeat Visitor Rate: 16.2%
                              Total Bandwidth Transferred: 1.3 Petabytes

As far as the referrals themselves, I spend a HUGE amount of time with search engine optimization to try and get the right content indexed in the right way to make us very Google friendly. These referral values are for the same period, 5/2007 - 12/2007 and represent the total number of visits that were directly attributed to these various sources during that period.

Direct Traffic: 881,209
                              Google: 225,043
                              Yahoo: 9,656
                              Ask: 8,675
                              Live.com: 6,837
                              Hack A Day: 4,258
                              UBISoft: 2,821
                              RealityMod.com: 2,399
                              MSN Search: 1,231

So when people wonder where all the traffic comes from, it's largely existing traffic or people who are typing in the URL manually (Direct), or traffic from Google. When I break Google down I find that in the top 10, 0.9% of all searches are simply for the name "Tactical Gamer", 1.6% of the top 10 are for World of Warcraft terms, and 0.2% are for "SWAT 5".

In the Top 10-20 range, we have "Open Falcon", "Armed Assault", more WoW stuff, and at #17 we finally see Battlefield appearing with "battlerecorder".

In recent months, ETQW has REALLY been moving up the ladder along with PR. In December, Battlefield as a whole took a real dive yet December was our heaviest traffic month of all time. SWAT5 content searches took the cake with CoD4 coming in second.
                              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X