I'm in love....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in love....

With the Springfield XD. My god what an awesome hangun! I shot the .45ACP model today, and I still have a grin on my face :D The gun holds 13+1 rounds in a slim frame gun!(not that it matters for me however, I have big hands) It is extremely ergonomic(1911 grip angle maybe?) Thing is ultra reliable too ;)

Also the recoil is almost non existant! I could control it very easily, making follow up shots super fast I found that it was easier and more comfortable to shoot than my friends Sig P226, which is a 9mm by the way. This is going to the top of my "Buy List". So to anyone the shoots, can shoot, or whatever, you owe it to yourself to try this gun. It does not dissapoint, especially at the price!

Also to anyone who doesnt like me posting this here, open the door and go outside :D
    |TG-X|Turkish

Re: I'm in love....

I didn't fire it, but I've handled the 40SW version. The 45 is what my dealer carries.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
      The 45 is what my dealer carries.

o.0 that last line can be taken a few dif ways lol
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I still haven't had the luxury of firing a XD yet. I been out of the range sceen for to long. I only ever hear good stories of these.
        The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
        mutual respect for your fellow gamers
        and where all members
        would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
        Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Bah! Directed energy weapons ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by Eroak View Post
            I still haven't had the luxury of firing a XD yet. I been out of the range sceen for to long. I only ever hear good stories of these.
            Make sure you fire the .45 ;)

Not to say that the other calibers are junk, it's just that the gun hides those 13 rounds so well.
            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

I have heard nothing but good things about the XD line. But I still haven't had the opportunity to make holes with one. All the good things I'm hearing about them, combined with the price, makes it my first recommendation for new shooters looking to buy a pistol.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

For those who know, How would one compare the Glock 23 (.40 compact) to the XD compact .45 compact, pros & cons? (other then calibar size)

and where all members

Comment

IMO you cant go wrong with either choice. Both are solid guns, and will eat whatever you feed them. I am partial to the XD obviously, because I think it has several important features that the Glock doesn't: Metal trigger and sights, grip safety, chambered round indicator etc. Also, I think the .45 is a better round not so much because of it's size, but because it is a military round, and can be found everwhere. Another thing with the compact is that you can put on an extened mag which has a grip portion, so essentially it can covert from a compact size grip profile, to a full size. I also like the grip angle of the xd.

I would just go out to some sort of gun club or range, and shoot both to see which one you like better. Each person is different ;)

With that said, I might get a Glock 19.

Good luck
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Atleast I know a few key things to look at now. Thanks for the info :)

and where all members

Comment

That is one nice looking sidearm. The mention of "non-existent recoil" makes it sound even better.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Eroak View Post
                        For those who know, How would one compare the Glock 23 (.40 compact) to the XD compact .45 compact, pros & cons? (other then calibar size)
                        From experience, the Glock has a slight edge in ergonomics, but not enough for my to trade in my XD for one.

Other than that, they both handle recoil well, a bit better on the XD end, being the heavier pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
                          IMO you cant go wrong with either choice. Both are solid guns, and will eat whatever you feed them. I am partial to the XD obviously, because I think it has several important features that the Glock doesn't: Metal trigger and sights, grip safety, chambered round indicator etc. Also, I think the .45 is a better round not so much because of it's size, but because it is a military round, and can be found everwhere. Another thing with the compact is that you can put on an extened mag which has a grip portion, so essentially it can covert from a compact size grip profile, to a full size. I also like the grip angle of the xd.

I would just go out to some sort of gun club or range, and shoot both to see which one you like better. Each person is different ;)

With that said, I might get a Glock 19.

Good luck
                          Personally, I think the .45 Lacks to Hype. It's a good round but its range is [email protected](#. and in an accuracy competition a 9MM would smoke it any day of the week. Too heavy, of a bullet for a handgun, the .50's are worse.

Comment

I think every caliber has its advantages. 9mm is a very effective catridge with modern day HP ammunition. People tend to underestimate it, and it is very accurate. The .45 catridge is awesome too, and both are military calibers.

As far as "non-existent recoil", your experience may vary, but I find it very controllable.
                            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
                              Personally, I think the .45 Lacks to Hype. It's a good round but its range is [email protected](#. and in an accuracy competition a 9MM would smoke it any day of the week.
                              The fact that competition shooters routinely choose the .45 when other calibers are available makes me think that you don't know what you're talking about.
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X