+/- Rep revoked for non-SMs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +/- Rep revoked for non-SMs?

I was just wondering why this change was made? I personally find it to be a great feedback system, and think it's kind of a bummer that non-SM's can't use it any more.

:)

Re: +/- Rep revoked for non-SMs?

Thank You
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I agree with W6.
      | | |

Comment

/Signed.

Comment

Hear hear

Comment

hahaha.. no need to sign... this isn't a petition :icon_lol: I'm just curious what happened. Normally I'd just PM this question, but I know a lot of others are wondering the same thing.

edit: lol - whoops, accidentally checked the wrong box and locked my own thread :D
            Last edited by WhiskeySix; 01-12-2008, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Rep is awesome. I like it better for making short comments than the PM system.

Comment

Why was that ability revoked? Or is Apophis testing a (better) feature to be added to the forum?
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm guessing it's to stop those bad people out there who register numerous accounts just so they can negative rep other people they don't like?

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                    I'm guessing it's to stop those bad people out there who register numerous accounts just so they can negative rep other people they don't like?
                    No. I haven't heard of this happening, but if it did, we would simply ban them using other means.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

well, I didn't realize this had happened, but I agree it seems as a bad thing for the site. I know you guys are always trying to make supporting memberships more appealing but I don't think this is the way to go about it.

Comment

I agree, I would like to see the rep system put back in place for non-SM. I heard rumor that it was abused by a few people, but should all the non-SMs be affected by it as well?

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                          ...but I know a lot of others are wondering the same thing...
                          Your absolutely right wiskey. I have heard about this a few times and was wondering myself. I'm sure there is a good reason. Hopefully we can all understand.
                          |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

If anything it would make me want to be a supporting member (as I used to be) less. Reputation shouldn't have anything to do with money or status.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                              Even if people tried to do this, it wouldn't register as actual neg rep. I believe there's some kind of grace period where new members don't actually leave positive or negative rep. Just a neutral grey rep that doesn't actually have an effect on your rep.
                              | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X