Second Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Life

So, as if our first life is not busy enough, some smart business man created Second Life.

Although not our genre of games. Second Life is a MMORPG were people can be anything they want and do anything they want, with a real world economy. You can learn their computer language and create items, and with enough interest from the community, people will buy these create items for real money.

I've been wanted to play second life, and learn their special computer language, but its so hard to start out alone.

I was thinking a Paper Salesman at Dunder Mifflin. Haha

But seriously, I want make different types of paper that your could write messages on or something of the like, I haven't really thought it through beyond a instant cool idea.

Does anyone have experience in this game? Are you actually making money thats sufficient?

Who wants to begin the adventure with me? Although non tactical in our sense, the business mind needs to be thinking a step ahead of the competition. I was thinking of exploring till February and then maybe put some money into it to purchase a plot of land and start a business.

http://secondlife.com/
    I see, I come, I conquer.

Re: Second Life

i tried it for a while but i always got in trouble with the law because i was active in civil rights,

"I'm gonna shove the lawbook somewhere where the sun don't shine on him.
    Then he can truly say that he knows how it feels when the laws are used effectively"

Comment

That game is installed on every computer owned by my school for some reason. Might have to try it in between classes sometime.

Comment

If you want to see a tidbit of what Second Life is like, check out SomethingAwful's feature, Second Life Safari.

I'm staying away from that game, unless I feel like creating massive havoc.
        ---------------
        Doc-in-training

Comment

Take every website from the internet. ALL OF THEM. Every "lol i can has geocities" from 1994 to the most depraved cesspools you can imagine. Give them characters and the ability to be dumb/preverted/insane/emo/dramatic/spammy/haxory/nooby simultaneously and in real-time in a big sandbox.

Don't forget, all the cool kids have pet unicorns. Heh.

Comment

Well thats an eye opener. But I still feel that learning their language to make something proper is still fun, and gaining money is even better.

Ill have to experience it at least, but I plan on reading all the safari story's.
            I see, I come, I conquer.

Comment

Second Life is just a bad idea. The "community" has many furries, pedophiles, e-stalkers, etc...

Not to mention the "business" aspect is completely...illogical.
              Skud

Comment

I actually used to have an account on it, until I got banned for being underaged.

I didn't really like the actual game, but editing and making 3-D stuff kept me interested for quite a while. Search Groups for 'Arc Designs' and ask any of the officers for an invite, say that Brutus said you could.

That's a skilled bunch of coders and a couple of builders to get you going.

The business aspect is indeed illogical, but if it makes you money, how can you complain?
                <<<<Magic!!

-F- Concr3te: "Brutus, goddammit, shut up!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...