In the Name of the King

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Name of the King

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale.

I just saw this today, and being an old player of Dungeon Siege I felt the movie did good enough justice to the story.

Although at times it looked like a mix of Time Machine and LOTR it was well balanced and quite funny knowing so much more about the story then those around you.

By "those" I mean the 3 other people in the theater, 2 by the end of it.

Has anyone else seen this? Ever played Dungeon Siege?
    I see, I come, I conquer.

Re: In the Name of the King

Uwe Boll can not make a good film to save his life. I didn't see the movie because the one Uwe Boll film I've seen Alone in the Dark was horrid enough to convince me that I'd never again subject myself to his dry, gaudy and witless bastardizations of the game industry's shining jewels.

Dungeon Siege was not that great. I actually enjoyed Dungeon Siege II quite a bit more than I did the first iteration, but that's not saying a lot for it. The only good titles Chris Taylor has ever put out are Total Annihilation which I still play a few times a month, some ten years after its release and his more recent Supreme Commander. Supreme Commander provides an enjoyable RTT experience, though, truth being told, I am playing World in Conflict much more.

Comment

Total annihilation was pretty good.

I play it occasionally but can't really get my nack back.
      I see, I come, I conquer.

Comment

It's amazing he continually gets these game licenses for films, since not one of them has had any merit whatsoever. He also seems to keep getting starpower behind these films, too. I saw Bloodrayne a few days ago on SciFi, and was saddened to see Ben Kingsley in such a horrible piece of trash.
        "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
        -- Red Forman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X