Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOVERFIELD, did anyone go see it..? should I?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLOVERFIELD, did anyone go see it..? should I?

was wondering how many went to see it, and if you guys thought it was good, bad, whatever..

i saw the commercials and thought the movie could not live up to the hype, plus i read where it is shot almost completely by means of a handheld camera, and all the running and up/down will make ya sick..

soo...do i need to go see it? or do i need to wait for it to hit video..?

birdie

Re: CLOVERFIELD, did anyone go see it..? should I?

i havent seen it, but ive heard people who saw it twice already it was that good and people who said it really sucked, so...apparently there is no "ending"

Comment

ugh...one of those "up to you to figure out" ones eh? hmmm...

Comment

The previews looked like a sci-fi version of Blair Witch Project.

Blair Witch Project was something you either loved or hated from what I can tell. I loved it so this movie looks great.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

i pretty much hated Blair Witch, but this "looks" pretty good to me...just wanna hear more before i waste $10 and 2 hours that could be better spent at CoD4... :)

Comment

More like this film is shot entirely from the perspective of the extras in a big budget film rather than the main characters. I personally think that gave the film a lot of character. You can't expect it to be a conventional "explain-all" from that perspective. If you bother to figure it out on your own, through going through the internet viral marketing campaign and the =something= at the end, it is satisfying.

-Zephyr
            You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
            We are not a single game.
            We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
            We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I saw this on Saturday, and I would say it's very much worth it. The film is intense. Yes it's filmed entirely from the handheld camera point of view, so just a warning, if you can't stand the shaky camera action, then don't bother. Read below if you want to know what the movie is about.

SPOILERS:
              I'll put what I think are spoilers here, since you don't actually understand what's going on from the previews. Just know going in that there's really no story, or background at all. The movie centers around a group of friends who are just trying to survive the attack of some immense, indescribable lizard-like, godzilla sized creature. Everything the US military has thrown at this creature has no effect.

What might irk some people is what I said earlier about no background story. We never learn anything about this creature, where it came from, what it really is, why it's attacking us. Only that it is, with unstoppable force. And the entire movie is basically this small group of friends attempting to escape Manhatten. There's really no ending to it either. We never find out if this 'thing' was ever stopped. At the end we just see the main character and his girlfriend hiding under a bridge, while all the might of the US arsenal is being thrown at the creature. And that's it.

So I thought it was worth it. The scenes of the creature looked awesome, especially the close up near the end. The movie looked real. Frightening and intense are two words that come to mind while watching this.

Comment

I saw this movie on the internet about 30 minutes ago. I thought it was very good but the ending was kinda lame, as soon as you saw what happened to the "monster" you knew what was gonna happen next (at least for me it was). But very good movie overall.

SPOILER:

I was talking to Ray Man on the TG server a minute ago, and i watched it over and over and over and over again, but i think i cant see it cuz of the bad quality vid, but he said (and other in the theater with him) that at the end, when the last flashback happens, on the ferris wheel, when you're looking out at the water, you can see a 'black figure/dot' of somesort shoot down into the water real quick before the camera turns at the kids. i dont know if this is true but i cant find it due to the poor quality of my vid i have. if anyone else has noticed this then cool maybe it really was supposed to be there maybe its just nothing. even tho they hint at the monster had 'come out from the water' as one of the guys said when they had first seen the monster.
                "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

I personally loved it. Very intense and driving I thought.

SPOILER:

I did some googling after seeing it to find more stuff out, and apparently that thing falling into the water is a satellite. It lands in a deep sea trench, and a company goes to digs it out and awakens the giant monster.

Also, I heard that after the credits, you can hear the main character go, "Its still alive." Kinda weird if they do actually make a sequel, or spinoff. Don't know how you could do that, it'd kinda be the same thing all over again, or maybe they'll do a normal approach to the movie, and you'll find out more of what the hell the thing is, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                    I did some googling after seeing it to find more stuff out, and apparently that thing falling into the water is a satellite. It lands in a deep sea trench, and a company goes to digs it out and awakens the giant monster.
                    Send link please? that sounds very interesting and i wanna read up on that.
                    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

I saw it last sat and i think its a really good movie . i think its a very good representation of how "normal" people react in a state of emercency (nukes , war , plane in a tower , monsters ect). there is no superhero who kick everyone ass at the end. Remember the new godzilla movie , well its pretty much the same situation , but with a realistic point of view.

I sugest that you buy a bee-movie popcorn deal by the way ;)

-Rat
                      sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulja View Post
                        Send link please? that sounds very interesting and i wanna read up on that.
                        Couldn't tell ya, it was through a bunch of different links running off of imdb.

Comment

How do we know that it came out of the water? At no point in the movie is that mentioned, so that would be speculation. Yeah please find that link. For all we know it could be alien.

Comment

Members of my team who saw it weren't impressed:

http://matureasskickers.net/wbb2/thr...threadid=16694
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

thanks for the heads up, I'm going to pass on this one. Perhaps watch it on HBO or something when it comes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X