1942 Nostalgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 Nostalgia

So many good memories from the original Battlefield. No ranks, no registered profiles, simple maps, no sprint, knives that worked, easy on the CPU, the list goes on! Once I get my copy back, I'd be up for finding a good server to play with some TG folk on, once in a while.

In the mean time: laff :D
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnPKBmCM3r0[/media]

Re: 1942 Nostalgia

I loved the Desert Combat mod, and particularly liked the Apache Wars servers, which were modded to fast-spawn Apaches for the benefit of all the helo lovers. I had as much fun on the ground with a Stinger, with such a target-rich environment.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Once I found Forgotten Hope for 1942 I was a happy boy. I could play that for days straight. Truly a classic.

Comment

I missed out on 1942, didn't start internet gaming until about 2004/2005.
        I feel very sad now.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I bought it when it first came out, but I was in 3rd grade and didn't know what online gaming was. Heh. It was fun against the AI though, but I wish I could have played it in its real glory.
          "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

Waaaaahahahaha. I MISS BF1942/DC SO MUCH!!!! Never had I played so much online fps. Like you said, it was so untaxing on my pc. I could run it on my old laptop without a hiccup. I sunk many many nights into that game. Truly good times. Don't get me wrong, I love BF2, it ran pretty well for me before they started patching it. Now it runs like garbage and I still get the crash to desktop issues :(

We gotta have a BF1942 reunion. I tried playing about a year ago, and there were still a few servers up, but I couldn't find any good players. Nothing but kids acting the fool, it seemed.
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

That video was classic:row__573:

Comment

Now that I'm stuck in integrated graphics laptop hell, I'm so glad I have 1942 - certainly helps a lot when unable to play 2142 or TF2.
                "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                -- Red Forman

Comment

Oh, the good old days. I love Eve of Destruction for its Vietnam War settings and the vehicles (love those heavily armed river boats) and the awesome music. I think they make the mod for BF2 still.

It was the beginning of a beautiful blood stained relationship.

They keep updating the 1942 mod, so it should work for all. I still play it. :)

this is an older post, but it has some suggestions... and who has it...

Any game?
                  Last edited by BeSiege82; 01-23-2008, 12:54 AM. Reason: reference

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I believe that they just released another version of the Eve of Destruction for BF:1942. It is being worked on by Lotte, check their site for more details. As for the BF2 version of EOD, they just released a new news post with some pics of the F4! Once again, check their site for that.

As of 1942 and its mods, I know I would take the time to reinstall if there was going to be a full server!

Comment

Originally posted by Drayu View Post
                      As of 1942 and its mods, I know I would take the time to reinstall if there was going to be a full server!
                      Most definitely! We should start an internet revolution and re-spark the 1942 frenzy. Lets show EA how good their games USED to be.

Comment

I forgott about EOD. That was a great mod as well but sadly the servers died off quickly for it. It had a great feel to it. Much better feel to it then BF Vietnam IMO. I tried EOD 2 but it didn't seem as good for some reason?

Comment

Anyone remember the Star Wars mod? It had its issues, but I thought it was a LOT of fun. They were going to make an updated version that fixed all its previous issues, but then BF2 came out and it got scrapped I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
                            I forgott about EOD. That was a great mod as well but sadly the servers died off quickly for it. It had a great feel to it. Much better feel to it then BF Vietnam IMO. I tried EOD 2 but it didn't seem as good for some reason?
                            it didn't seem as good b/c of nostalgia......it was always better before mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                              Anyone remember the Star Wars mod? It had its issues, but I thought it was a LOT of fun. They were going to make an updated version that fixed all its previous issues, but then BF2 came out and it got scrapped I believe.
                              it was called galactic conquest, was fun....I do like First Strike star wars mod for bf2142 however.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X