Wtf do I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf do I do?

I probably should not write this on this forum, since it will make me look like a pussy. I've had this girlfriend for over two years (we broke up for a few months last year) and we got back together a few months ago after seeing her again. Things were great, but I know that lately, I have been neglecting her and not really appreciating her. I don't know why I do that, but I have a tendency to do things like that because I've never NOT gotten what I wanted.

I did the same thing to her a few months before we broke up, and she threw fits and cried and we eventually broke up. This time, though, she's so calm and nice, and she hasn't gotten upset or even tried to talk to me about it. Instead, she's just pulling away.

I know she wants to leave me and I'm not sure how to convince her to stay. She's amazing: model, smart, patient, nice, and the best sex ever. I'm afraid that if I let her go, someone else will find her and never let her go, and then Ill never get a chance again.

Urgh, what should I do?

Re: Wtf do I do?

You should tell the internet about it.

Heh, ok... (had to get that out of my system)...

Here's the serious response:

Openly talk to her about it. Tell her how you feel you've been, and ask her what her feelings are (don't say, "Do you want to break up with me?"). See where you both stand, and make a plan. If she tells you that she really doesn't want to stay, that's a lesson learned- and you'll pick up. If she wants to stay in the relationship, but wants a bit of a change, go for it- you may end up much happier in the end.

Basically, I know it's not in vogue to be open and honest- but it works out so well.
    ---------------
    Doc-in-training

Comment

Buy her a romantic dinner. Chick should love that kind of stuff. You know, wear your best, expensive meal with wine. Show her that you love her.

(Says a guy who's last girlfriend ran away with another man :row__589: )

Comment

I'm struggling to find out just what I can do; she was never the girl to ask for anything that you could buy with money.

Whenever we go out, I see guys who stare at her and she gets hit on a lot when she's by herself or with her girlfriends. The fact that she's pulling away makes me suspect that another guy has already impressed her, and she's realizing that she can get a lot better. I'm being selfish, but I know she's the best one out there for me, and I want her to stay with me.

Comment

Well then you must out-impress her. Fancy dinners are good, heh
          "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

I'm tempted to spy on her to see if she's going out with anyone. Probably not a good idea if I want her to stay with me.

Comment

Your best bet is to just ask her what you are doing that would cause her to pull away. Talking it over with her and getting her side of things is always good. Lets her know you care. Ask her what you can do to make her feel wanted. And what ever you do DO NOT SPY ON HER....that never goes well and it makes you look like a stalker, bad for your Karma.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Listen to Trooper. Communication is key. It sounds like you have no clue what she wants. Do you listen to her?

Is she your best friend? If not, why not?

(I sometimes think I think too much like a "chick". ;))
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                  Listen to Trooper. Communication is key. It sounds like you have no clue what she wants. Do you listen to her?

Is she your best friend? If not, why not?

sometimes i wonder myself. But being married has taught me one thing, i screwed up and how do i attempt to fix it......
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

IMO, most likely she's cheating on you. Women like that (if what you say is true) generally do not get rid of a man unless they have a suitable replacement. If she's not cheating on you, she definitely already has someone else in mind - it's the nature of the beast. Natural Selection if you want to call it something.

If you generally dont appreciate her, then let her go. That means you're not compatible. Not compatible = bad.

There's nothing wrong with spying as long as it doesnt go too far. Dont expect to get a truthful answer from her if you ask her straight up. She can lie to you and you wouldnt know it if you had a polygraph. Besides, women are generally notorious spyers themselves... to the effect they'll even do it in front of your face and not care (i.e. search your celly, call your numbers, search your emails, watch your convos., etc.) It's called insecurity.

Exactly how you spy is your own problem and not something I'd advise someone on.

(i think i have some pent up emotions on this topic...) hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                      IMO, most likely she's cheating on you. Women like that (if what you say is true) generally do not get rid of a man unless they have a suitable replacement. If she's not cheating on you, she definitely already has someone else in mind - it's the nature of the beast. Natural Selection if you want to call it something.

If you generally dont appreciate her, then let her go. That means you're not compatible. Not compatible = bad.

There's nothing wrong with spying as long as it doesnt go too far. Dont expect to get a truthful answer from her if you ask her straight up. She can lie to you and you wouldnt know it if you had a polygraph. Besides, women are generally notorious spyers themselves... to the effect they'll even do it in front of your face and not care (i.e. search your celly, call your numbers, search your emails, watch your convos., etc.) It's called insecurity.

Exactly how you spy is your own problem and not something I'd advise someone on.

(i think i have some pent up emotions on this topic...) hmmm
                      Natural Selection? Spies? Looks like a job for the Action Game forum!
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post

you're a dude?!? wow.

j/k
                        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
                          you're a dude?!? wow.
                          Only the meat avatar working the keyboard. Most of my WoW toons are girls. :p

(But note that gender identification is different from gender preference. I still watch the Tactical Girlfriends thread. ;))
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I've been with one woman for 16 years, married for 13 of them. She loves me and will do almost anything for me, because she trusts me and knows I will do the same. That's my cred.

I recognize the signals she's giving, if your description is accurate. She decided to give you another chance because she either loves you, wants to love you, or doesn't want to feel all the time she spent with you was for nothing.

No matter what her reason for doing so, know this: she gave you another chance and wants (or wanted) it to work. You have very little time, if any, to pull yourself out of your pattern of (admitted it yourself) self-indulgence.
                            Things were great, but I know that lately, I have been neglecting her and not really appreciating her. I don't know why I do that, but I have a tendency to do things like that because I've never NOT gotten what I wanted. I did the same thing to her a few months before we broke up...
                            Can you be the man who will take care of her when her looks go, after she has babies, when she [insert all the things a woman fears a man will leave her for or not feel attracted to here]? A nice dinner out will not cut it. It's make a change time, not relationship band-aid time, sorry. :row__735:

Here's the question in almost any girl or woman's mind: can I trust him? Will he still love me? Will he take care of my needs? This is particularly true for those especially conscious of their good looks, which fade with youth. The glamour crowd has a heightened awareness of this spectre of age, which makes the question all the more important to a woman who's career is likely over at 26, if that. Plenty of men want her now, but she knows that outward attraction may not last. She has self doubts (as all women do) about her worth, her ability to make someone happy, to attract a man and then keep him other than with the lure of sex.

All right. Time for some more honesty--from a stranger on the internet :row__573: who wishes nothing but good for you, but wishes good for both of you.
                            In hearing what you have to say about her, I'd say she's right to be questioning you and hedging her bets--I'm sure you're a good guy, but listen to yourself--
                            She's amazing: model, smart, patient, nice, and the best sex ever. I'm afraid that if I let her go, someone else will find her and never let her go, and then Ill never get a chance again.
                            What are you trying to convince yourself of? That she's worth the effort? That you really should like her? That you may not get a chance to "have" someone this good again? Do you hear how that sounds? This is not just a pretty thing that's fun to boink and fun to be around, is it? She's not the last DVD player on the sale shelf at Target, right? So don't try to make the decision to try to "have" her, as if she is a thing. This is a real woman who wants a real man. I know you know that, so don't get irate with me, I'm just telling you that I know you know, and that means she will know what your motivations are if they are something other than what you claim or want or wish them to be.

If you can't be willing to give up what you want in order to show her you are worth her effort, her risk, her commitment--then it's not love, so don't bother--it won't last even if you do con yourselves into thinking it's real. Giving up what you want is the only way to grow up into what she needs you to be for her. Because we all grow up getting most of what we want, (some of us more than others) we get used to that being our primary focus.
                            If we are the most important thing in our life, THAT is what keeps us from being able to love others. If you won't do it for her sake, of course she will go somewhere else. And why shouldn't she? If you're not ready, be straight about it and let her go so she can find fulfillment. Don't dog her around so you can have something pretty for a few more months. If you want to change for her sake (not a halfway change for yours,see above) but don't know what to do to show her--tell her that.

If on the other hand you really can't imagine anything in your life worth holding on to more than her, then don't hesitate, don't bargain and don't hold back: ditch it, toss it all, step away and don't look back. Don't stop going toward her! If it's too late, or you read her wrong, or she proves false, it will break your heart. That's the risk we take. If she's true, and you're in time, and you do it right, you'll be happy for the rest of your life, and never have to fear. "Finer than gold and rubies, above all price, and beyond all worth."

I have lots of things in my life to cause fear, worry, or stress, but because I never worry about whether my wife loves me and is devoted to me no matter what--I can take it all on, one by one, sun by sun.

Without God to guide, I would have no wife.

Two days after I met her I knew she was the one. For the next 3 and a half years, I didn't make a decision that didn't take her and her needs into consideration; and what I had to do to become the one for her, that's what I did. It sometimes felt like I was giving up an important part of me, but she was more important. And once we became close, I saw she was giving things up for me too. We were becoming, and still are becoming, the perfect mate for the other--not for our own pleasure's sake, or wants and desires, but to meet and fulfill theirs. Thus we are both fulfilled, and by communicating, we keep each other on track in the pursuit of that goal. That's how two become one, the way we are meant to be.

Hope this helps.
                            Last edited by Axis of Eeevil; 01-25-2008, 05:11 AM.
                            sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

+1 rep for Axis. Listen to this man. He speaks from experience, and lays it down as it is.
                              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X