TF2 & CoD4 - New server coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF2 & CoD4 - New server coming!

I've got a new server on order for TF2 and CoD4. It's yet another very beefy box that will be served out of our Texas datacenter. It will certainly relieve the lag issues seen with CoD4 and should relieve any issues with TF2.

CoD4 was rolled out on our C&E server to gauge interest and it's certainly taken off! As such, we are going to give it a permanent home to help it grow.

The new server should be online within the next couple days, once we have the servers installed and tested, we will make the official switch to the new IPs. In the meantime, stay tuned to the relevant CoD4 and TF2 forums for information on the IP addresses if you want to get in on the ground floor and help test the new digs!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: TF2 & CoD4 - New server coming!

Very nice!
    "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

Uhmmmm....

It looks like the datacenter hauled ass on this one. I submitted the order at 1557 and just received confirmation at 1720 that it was online.

I'm going to go check out the server right now.

Tentative IP addresses:

Team Fortress 2: 75.125.97.195

Call of Duty 4 SRV1: 75.125.97.200
      Call of Duty 4 SRV2: 75.125.97.201

Comment

Thanks to you CoD4 and TF2 guys that have donated... without SM's that ^^ doesn't happen!

Comment

My apologies in advance for the lag I'm causing on CoD4 right now.. I'm compressing the entire game server folder so I can get it copied over to the new box.

Comment

I was wondering what was going on with the lag. Thanks for getting us over to the new server and taking care of us and all that!

I can't wait! :)

Edit - Wait a sec... does this mean the gametracker.com rankings will be reset? I was about to bumb xxxCommunistxxx from his 6th rank spot! LOL :) :)
            sigpic
            Govern well thy appetite, lest Sin surprise thee, and her black attendant: Death. ~ John Milton - Paradise Lost

Comment

Originally posted by Grieg View Post
              Edit - Wait a sec... does this mean the gametracker.com rankings will be reset? I was about to bumb xxxCommunistxxx from his 6th rank spot! LOL :) :)
              Unfortunately, yes.. :(

Comment

Shame, our game rank has been raising, and average has been going up quite a bit. Not a big deal anyway. Less lag, and better performance is better anyday.

Comment

TF2 server is running and needs testing!!

Comment

Man, serves me right for doing a home audio install on Saturday. I miss all the good stuff.

Comment

lol

So far, good stuff sounds about right. We haven't hit a full boat yet, but it seems to be holding up nicely.

Comment

We had a full server and it was running great... then it crashed :)
                        Steam Community: | |

Comment

Did it actually crash or was it restarted/modified when Fenix was on the console making his changes?

Comment

It crashed, you can ask TheFeniX for details. He has since logged in and restarted the server.
                            Steam Community: | |

Comment

It came back without an issue when Fenix added the Admin BAT. He said he would be adding the maplist from the old server. Later I ate dinner and when I came back it was 0/22 and the old server was full-up and it's clearly all Kormendi's fault.

Edit: Fenfen said it was a "weird error" but didn't tell me anything more about it, so I am unable to fix everything through rapid-fire finger snapping.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X