Windows 7?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7?

Is vista the new windows ME of the new century?

I was doing some tech reading catching up today and over at ZDnet I came across an interesting bit. http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=1168
    I don't know how much faith to put in this from Adrain, usually he's on track tho.
    {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Re: Windows 7?

Trying to figure out what customers will want from Windows 7 isn’t easy. Judging by the feedback I’ve been coming across, Windows 7 will need to be faster than Vista, more robust, present the user with fewer compatibility hassles (note that TG Daily claim that Milestone 1 shipped in both x86 and x64 versions - an indication that support for 32-bit will continue) and not hammer system resources as much as Vista does. Oh, and it should be packed with compelling features to make the upgrade worthwhile. That could be a pretty tough call.
    "Not hammer system resources" and "packed with [...] features". So it's supposed to be simultaneously lean and fat?!

Vista's biggest problem is older applications that don't respect LUA, and with an awkward UI for allowing trusted apps to do their job. Some of that is due to MS insistence that it be the gatekeeper to what is trusted (through signatures approved by MS).

If an app insists on running as Administrator, let it. In a sandbox, where it can't affect any other app. Give it a VM with its own virtual disk to muck up however it wants. That's how I run apps in Wine on Linux, each under its own Linux user.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X