Best Simulation Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Simulation Game

I was going to post multiple posts in every Simulation shooter forum, but I thought posting in this forum that I've never posted in before, might be more fun and would save a lot of...everything.

So, if you play a simulation shooter (or more than one), it would be great if you could tell me what you like (or what is your favourite out of the ones you have). I know ArmA is really the main one that TG is about, but I'm also interested in GRAW/GRAW2 and SWAT 4.

I'd also like to basically know the situation with all the games, such as level of interest or sequels/prequels to certain games that are better or have more interest, or things like that.

One last thing is that I probably won't be getting this game for a long time...so if there are some good things coming up, feel free to mention that.

So people...what's your favourite Simulation shooter...?
    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Re: Best Simulation Game

I like flight simulator, ArmA, PR, Full Spectrum Warrior, SWAT4 :)

Comment

Bump?

Comment

A good way to gauge interest, at least at TG, would be to browse the game-specific forums here. Obviously you know how tedious it will be to ask about each game in each forum, but you're far more likely to get a good response that way, as I'm sure a lot of members here don't bother checking General Discussion in favor of their favorite game-specific forum. I'll try to help you as much as I can though.

I know that ArmA has a decent following here, and I believe they team up sometimes with the ShackTac people for huge events.

GRAW1/2 are dead here for all intents and purposes, but you may find some people willing to spend time on an outside server with you. Original Ghost Recon had a strong following here for years, but it is also dead. But it is one of the most fun games I have ever played. I doubt you'll find many people here to play it with you, but I'd imagine there's still some support for this game since GRAW was such a letdown for so many people.

Magnum is trying to revive SWAT 4 at TG. During January, he ran a weekly event each Sunday. I'm not sure if he's planning on continuing it, but I hear it's a fun game when you follow the TG SOP.

If you have Battlefield 2, Project Reality mod is very popular here and it's free. While probably not quite at the same level of sophistication as ArmA, it is intended to be more of a simulation than an arcade shooter.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Your advice on finding out things for myself is noted...I did try looking around, but I wasn't exactly sure what I was lookign for :D.

And thanks for that info...it's a shame about GRAW, because I did like the game on PS3, and thought there might be a following here, but from what I had heard that wasn't the case...I just wanted to make sure. I will then probably be getting ArmA, but I will also look into SWAT 4 (trailers and posting questions in the forums etc.).

Many thanks Evo.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...