Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the first on the block... Samsung 5000

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/d...=BD-UP5000/XAA

Doesn't even get released to stores till Tuesday... got mine today, helps to know people...

Sansung dual Blu-Ray and HD DVD player... who cares about there little war... I can watch anything and everything, lol...

SWEET!

BTW... it's 700 bucks, not bad considering the Samsung 1000 Blu Ray player was 1500, lol.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: the first on the block... Samsung 5000

Congrats.....Please give us your take on it, after you've had time to play with it.:icon_eek:

Comment

LG's had a dual player for some time now. I saw an open-box unit at Best Buy last week for $600. I'm glad a competitor's finally come out with one! Also, if you have a mediacenter pc, you can buy the LG hybrid rom for only $300 at newegg. Congrats on your new player tho! I'd love a full report.

Me I'm waiting for Apex to come out with their play-anything $40 player. I just know that'll happen once I drop the cash on a new hd-dvd/blu-ray player.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

LG's was the first... but it was only 1080i and did not play the enhanced HD-DVD menu system... the new Samsung 5000 plays both Hi-Def DVD formats at 1080p and fully supports all features of BOTH formats...even thou it looks like HD-DVD is dying IMO and Blu-Ray is the winner... but it's nice to have any and all disk playable from one machine... I had one of each, took up to much space and time to set up and play the right format.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
          Also, if you have a mediacenter pc, you can buy the LG hybrid rom for only $300 at newegg.
          Linky?
          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Out of stock but this is the link
            Last edited by machowner; 01-30-2008, 06:58 PM.

Comment

there is one in the Fry's ad here today for an internal LG player for the PC for $249 that does all of that..

Comment

The BIG difference for me is that although the ROMS play both and at a fraction the cost, there is no pc sound card that outputs the latest Blu-ray/HD-DVD sound codecs, such as DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD. This new Samsung 5000, however, does. It really is a bad to the bone player. For now, though, the rom will probably be my pick for now. Just because I don't have a home-theatre receiver that decodes those new formats anyhow.
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X