Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG's Police Officers, Future Officers, All Officers around the world.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG's Police Officers, Future Officers, All Officers around the world.

I would like to thank all the Police Officers And future Police Officers here at TG for their service to their communities and this country. Today was the funeral for my friend Detective Christopher Ridley of the Mount Vernon, NY Police Dept.

He was killed in a friendly fire incident. He was off-duty in plain clothes when he saw an assault taking place and took action rather then just looking the other way. He sacrificed his own life while helping save another.

Here are a few things said at his service today which really hit me and made me glad that I was able to have known him.

"You raised a young man who went against odds and did'nt become a criminal but fought criminals"

"Chris did not see being a Police Officer as a job. He saw it as a lifestyle. If he saw it as a job he would not have stopped to help that man in need because he was Off-duty. But he saw it as a lifestyle. So he helped that man. He didn't stop and wonder what that mans credentials was. He was showing what it means to be a cop."

I just thought I'd share with you guys. I've said it before you guys and girls are like family.

I'd like to thank Promqueen who Immediatly knew something was wrong with me the day it happened and he heard me on TS and Crux who I talked too a little and understood why I wanted to drop out of the match we had that night and Aruncado who basically let me get away with my shaningans as I was trying to cheer myself up during his TGU medic course even thought he didn't know what happened until after. And anybody else on TS who offered their condolences that I just can't remember right now.

-Rak

R.I.P. Detective Christopher Ridley.

Story here.
    http://www.wnbc.com/news/15190670/detail.html
    http://video.wnbc.com/player/?id=0#videoid=212561

[unit][support]
    The Greatest Risk In Life Is Not Taking One.
    I am proud to serve my Country!
    United States Army
    I'ma BAD Mutha

:icon40:I am proud to have been an IRRegular!:icon40:
    I am Proud To Have Served With The 3rd Special Forces Detachment!
    "Lets spam smoke grenades and slowly kill them with cancer!" -Mixa

Re: TG's Police Officers, Future Officers, All Officers around the world.

Damn right. Hat's off to you all.

Comment

I have more respect to Police Officers than I have for probably any other profession out there! They get all the crap talk, negative publicity and general rudeness from the general public! And get they don't get paid very well(Except for Magnum50...he is rich;)).
      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I don't like how the writer of the article had to start- and end- the article with somebody else. It seems a mite bit disrespectful.
        ---------------
        Doc-in-training

Comment

/salute
          The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
          mutual respect for your fellow gamers
          and where all members
          would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
          Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor Goku View Post
            I don't like how the writer of the article had to start- and end- the article with somebody else. It seems a mite bit disrespectful.
            Thats usually how the news operates. Somebody else said this and somebody else said that. Rather than "this happened."

Comment

Yes, I heard about that...sad stuff, very sad... (RIP Brother)...

How I heard about it was not of the incident, but of Al Sharpton trying to blow it into a race thing, since the officer is black... I don't know these officers that were involved, but I know it's got to be eating them up... to accidently kill a fellow officer is said to be the worst feeling, and many officers who have done it have become wrecks, a good number eventually killing themselves...

Very sad, sad for everyone.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Sorry for the loss of your friend Rak. We need more people in this world like him who refuse to look the other way. Hopefully his story will inspire others and his death will not be in vain.
                "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

My condolences Rak. Hats off to people who fight and give their life to make this world a better place.

Comment

Wow...our condolences to you, that man's family, and everyone who knew him. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Sad news indeed, my condolences Rak, I admire how he choose to act and help another rather than stand by and do nothing.

Comment

Sorry to hear man, pretty brave thing to do. And thanks goes out to people like him here and everywhere.

Comment

Sorry to hear bro! That's a good man there, serious good stuff to make a post for him. God bless him!

Hadouken!!! (>*.*)> ==> ==> ==> ^(X.X)^

Comment

This is a sad story indeed. You are probably very proud to have been able to call this guy a friend.
                            Retired 6th DB

Comment

my condolences Rak, to you and all his friends and family.
                              Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X