Anyone down to help? (game dev)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone down to help? (game dev)

I've designed the majority of a 3rd person Infantry-simulation project set in the Vietnam era. I'll be recruiting volunteers specializing in any aspect of game-development. I'm seeking people who are dedicated and are looking to get something... bigger on their resume. I would be doing this on my own, but I have neither the manpower or knowledge to do so. Contact me if you're interested! We'll soon be discussing, working for, and contributing the best ways to produce our ideas.

Re: Anyone down to help? (game dev)

I'm sure there are some obvious questions...for example...

1) What are you offering beyond the "resume building"? Financial compensation? Paid work?

2) Do you plan on mass producing and marketing this "simulator"?

3) Do you have any WIP that you could show us? Treatment(s) perhaps?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Designed as in you've written a design document, and now you want some slap-happy coders and arteests to pop out of the interwebs and make your dream a reality, on the promise of "résumé enhancement," which is also known as jack-diddly-squat.

GLWT.

Comment

Originally posted by HA SMG View Post
        II'll be recruiting volunteers specializing in any aspect of game-development.
        Well, when you get to that stage let us know... Until then, ambiguity is your enemy.
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
          Designed as in you've written a design document, and now you want some slap-happy coders and arteests to pop out of the interwebs and make your dream a reality, on the promise of "résumé enhancement," which is also known as jack-diddly-squat.

GLWT.
          I'm not looking for people to code my game or draw the art(yet). I'm looking for people who can help me round-out the design. Like I said, Ive got the majority of the design documented.. I do need to get it semi-tangible however and I believe I'll need somewhere to start other than the first page of my c++ book.

I should've been more clear. Its a volunteer project. I happen to be doing this for my own interest and passion. I won't be paying anyone to provide logical ideas as to what i should do as an aspiring developer. I'm all for coding the necessary as well as drawing and modeling the art and animation. however, lots of my thoughts have already been written and drawn out by other people. why not start where i see the picture begin to change in accordance to my own perspective?

Where would be a beneficial place to look for help?

I don't mean to come off as a panhandler. for that i am sorry. maybe you don't necessarily want to admit service work and contributions(which helps to express passion) on an employment request when the time comes. but maybe youde like to grow as an individual in some way or another and help a nigga out...

Basically, Ive got documents(written and digital) that explain the flow and structure of the gameplay/menus as well as the aesthetic, visual and psychological design. It's not much to start with, but I feel its enough to begin implementing it all into some sort of template.

Comment

If you recognise it's "semi-tangible" you should list the things you know in your heart aren't, the red flags that keep you from saying that it's ready to go, and asking people with game design and development experience about the things that worry you; preferably after googling them up to see if others have hit snags on those points.

"Where would be a beneficial place to look for help?"
            Go here. http://www.gpwiki.org
            I lurk through there once every few months.
            In adition to the wiki, they have dozens of regs with plenty of years of experience in C/++, Java, .NET (lol), VB, you name it. They even have a forum that allows advertising for halp on projects.

"Help a nigga out?"
            Please. Use of racially taboo terminology is frowned upon by this establishment.

Comment

hey, even though i don't consider the term nigga to be racial taboo, thanks for the help magna, your the man.

Comment

Perhaps you should look into Vietnam mods.

http://www.eodmod.com/website2007/start2.htm

Lucky Shot

Comment

A few places to look towards if you get to the point where you are at visual elements and integration of coding with models, meshes, and animation:

http://www.meshfactory.com/
                  http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums (a professional Hollywood modeler and texture artist resides here)

HA SMG, if you are attending college / university, it might be a good idea to ask around the computer science, animation, and design/game design departments of your school. If your school also has close relations with larger technology concentrated schools in your area, it might be nice to try the departments of those other schools as well.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X