Economic stimulas package credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economic stimulas package credit

My dad was talking about the new credit we are supposed to be getting back. Does anyone know any details about it. What are the cut off incomes?

He said something about there being brackets and only getting so much back per income level.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: Economic stimulas package credit

I don't think it starts phasing out much until ~$150,000 if you are married. In it's latest iteration, at least to my knowledge, it was $600/individual or $1,200/married couple with an additional $300 per child. So, in my case, married with three kids, it would be ~$2,100.

Of course, I was just reading on CNN that it is stalled in the Senate although it flew through the House.

Comment

yeah, 75,000/yr is the cutoff for individuals, but from what I have read, the less you pay in taxes, the more you get... (less than 40k/yr for married couples gets the whole thing, then tiered down as income goes up. also, if things go smoothly, expect it in July.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

you know what i dont get? (sry for being slightly off topic) i just did my taxes yesteerday, and i made roughly $15,000 more gross than i did last year, but my tax refund is going to be $1,000 less when combining state and federal... i dont get it! did i enter a new tax bracket?

edit: same marriage status, same amount of kids, same residence, i didnt buy a house last year, or pay for schooling, any right-offs were nearly identical both years