Who Is

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is

Does anyone know the owners of Tactical Gamer?

Re: Who Is

Apophis.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
      Apophis.
      He gave it to me last Wednesday.
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
        He gave it to me last Wednesday.
        Then, can I have it next? I really want my turn.

Comment

It must be pretty cool...he gets all those sweet banner icon thingys under his Forum name.
          "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
          -- Red Forman

Comment

Apophis, and he makes good cool-aid.
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

i thought luna did and apophis was the manager........
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Apophis rules TG just like he rules his house: with an iron fist!!!

too bad the iron fist belongs to Luna.
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Is this the "roast Apophis" thread?

Well then.

Apophis is really just tech support and his real name is Nick Burns.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Apophis doesn't own Tactical Gamer. Apophis pwns Tactical Gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                      Is this the "roast Apophis" thread?

Well then.

Apophis is really just tech support and his real name is Nick Burns.
                      ROFLMAO
                      Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

No no no, you guys are missing it. Apophis IS TG. We figured this out long ago. He's not really human, but an AI construct existing within the servers. Luna is the counterpart AI. Think of them like the Architect and the Oracle from the matrix. :D

Comment

We all own TG:)
                          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

No...seriously though...Apophis was one of the founders of an older site called network 42. That site was TG's precursor..it was also dedicated to mature gaming. Something quite novel at the time from what I can gather. There's a handful of founding member still active and involved...(look for those with more than 5000 posts, eh?) Anyway...do a forum search and you'll find plenty of info about TG's development.

Though Dirt is being a bit campy he's right really. The gameplay and interaction, and the relationships really, that are such a part of the Tacticalgamer.com experience all are created from within the community. Though TG sponsors many games we are all pulling for the same ideals in our gaming experience. This common ground is the fabric that weaves the community together so tightly. Its easy to miss, but once you've spent a few months around the forums and the servers you'll pick up on it. The zen of tg.

Wow...I'm thirsty after that...please pass the cool aid...thank you.

Glad you are here. I play COD4, PR .7 and Armed Assault. Look for me in game and I'd be glad to squad up with you.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

well, the 5,000 postcount is not a perfect measure of time, and neither is the join date, as the forums have been rebuilt from scratch two times that I can remember, and at least once before I got here. My join date is even more wrong B/C I had a name change and it reset my joindate and postcount.

The names I still see from when I arrived in 2001 are Sarc, CingularDuality, Randomguy, Wolfie, Apophis, Phyllis, Luna, and Karma. Begbe (formerly Big-B) introduced me to N42 and GR but I very rarely see him on here anymore.

I remember when you could almost name off everyone involved with TG,
                              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X