No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firemarshall

For those of you who remember Firemarshall, I just learned that he has been battling an extremely aggressive brain tumor for more than 6 months. Today is his birthday, and since diagnosis, the tumor has shrank 90%!!! He just got these results a few days ago, but I think that there is no better birthday present he could get. I would just like to say:

Get well soon, buddy - I am praying for you.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Re: Firemarshall

Without knowing him, I'd like to pass along my best wishes as well.

Indeed I do not know him but get well soon bud and Happy Birthday.

The Greatest Risk In Life Is Not Taking One.
      I am proud to serve my Country!
      United States Army
      I'ma BAD Mutha

:icon40:I am proud to have been an IRRegular!:icon40:
      I am Proud To Have Served With The 3rd Special Forces Detachment!
      "Lets spam smoke grenades and slowly kill them with cancer!" -Mixa

Thats great news to have come in on your birthday. Happy Bithday Firemarshall, I'm pulling for you as well man!

Don't know you, but I wish you the best of luck, and happy birthday!

I played many a Ghost Recon hour with Firemarsal.

Nice guy. Good TG personality. Tough hand to play out! Happy Birthday!

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Really glad to hear he's doing better. Best wishes to him and his family, and happy birthday.

I dont think FM checks the boards anymore, but heres kinda what happened.

June 2007 -Post from FM "diagnosed with a "Glioblastoma Grade IV" (Terminal Brain Cancer very aggressive). No one knows why or can give any explanation I am just in the small 1% of the population under the age of 50-60 that gets it. Without going into all kinds of crazy details, surgery is out since it is to deep in my brain and its spreading from the frontal left lobe to the right. They are afraid that if they do go in and do anything at all it could leave me worse than I started. The only course of treatment is just to do radiation and chemotherapy and slow down the progression. (hopefully) There is really nothing that can be done besides this treatment to give me a few extra years short of a miracle, which I am praying for everyday."

After the 1st round of radiation and chemo there was some shrinkage of the tumor and by the end of november the treatment had worked so well that the tumor was small enough to be cut out with the gamaknife. Which worked well despite much pain and suffering on FM part.

Feb 1st 2008 we saw the results of the gamma knife, and the tumor is almost completely gone. The only thing left is some "roots" that the tumor left. The Dr.s said these "roots" should go away after another round of chemo.

This is the mri before any treatment was done

And this is after

So in less than a year we went from cant be treated to almost cured.

WTG FM!!!
                Last edited by Begbie; 02-11-2008, 12:40 PM. Reason: fixed pics
                I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
                --Douglas Adams

Wow. Thats amazing. I've done a bit of work in the oncology ward and I know how excrutiating going through treatment can be on people. The fact that he got the news, saw that on the MRI and still had the intestinal fortitude to press on is absolutely a testament to his character. I've seen people give up over a lot less. My hat is off to FM for that. I shared this story with some of my colleagues just now and they all agree. Even the attending oncologist read it and was amazed. As such, I have been authorized to pass along the staff of Orlando Regional Medical Center's best wishes in a continuing and speedy recovery and return to health.

Outside something happening to one of my kids or wife any kind of "brain bad things" is my worst fear.

I am very glad to hear that things worked out.
                    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed