• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military-grade gel-based liquid bandages approved by the FDA

Just passing this on:
    Military-grade gel-based liquid bandages approved by the FDA
    Short version:
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/08/m...ed-by-the-fda/

Click the read link at that article for more info!

When will we get these in our med kit? :)

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Military-grade gel-based liquid bandages approved by the FDA

You should always carry this with you....it works the same.
    Last edited by Bc2ID; 09-19-2009, 01:53 PM.
    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

If you have actually used the glue or seen someone who has, this is the big difference.
      The gel only sticks to intact skin, not the wound itself

Comment

Originally posted by Bc2ID View Post
        You should always carry this with you....it works the same.
        I actually used that super glue (actually model glue) as a kid once, by accident.

I was building a model rocket I stabbed myself pretty good with the X-Acto knife. It was small but deep. I was in a hurry to get it up in the air and while gluing the fins a bunch dripped on the cut and cured. It stung like crazy at first but after it dried it was amazingly comfortable and waterproof!

For some reason I was afraid to ever use it again. Thought I would get poisoned or something.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

superglue is actually with me anytime I work on a desktop computer b/c I ALWAYS scrape a knuckle or slice a finger on a sharp edge....

plus, it erases fingerprints when you are stealing crap.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
            plus, it erases fingerprints when you are stealing crap.
            *gasps in shock*

Dog, you a thief?! ;)

So does superglue/model glue stick to the wound as well? And is this military "bandaid" already in commercial production? If so when can I pick some up at my local CVS/Walgreens?
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

No, its not in commercial production. I wonder if it'll seal someone's mouth shut. God help some of my patients if it does (they confiscated my duct tape).

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                No, its not in commercial production. I wonder if it'll seal someone's mouth shut. God help some of my patients if it does (they confiscated my duct tape).
                I hope you are not a dentist... that would make the job pretty hard...
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                  Ferris the evil nurse!
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

nice but is it reliable?

Comment

Putting superglue on a wound is like putting tar on a freshly cut branch. It'll seal it, but it won't allow anything to grow back until its removed.

There's always Dermabond though which is somewhat like a gel adhesive alternative to stitches I believe. Personally I just use a pressure bandage since I have yet to get something serious enough to warrent stitches or anything more drastic.
                      My sanity is not in question...
                      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                        Personally I just use a pressure bandage since I have yet to get something serious enough to warrent stitches or anything more drastic.
                        True but like Bamboo pointed out it would be wonderful an very comforting to have in a emergency medical kit. Especially in a place with regular natural disaters.
                        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

could imagine the college parties. Frat parties would be nuts, seeing kids stuck to trees with a straw to breath thru, covered in this "bandage" stuff.
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

If we legalize this stuff, terrorists could use it to heal their boo-boos. Just as with body armor, we can't allow this stuff out among the general populace!

(We now return you to your regular non-sarcastic topic.)
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X