Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys: Need advice on which game to buy

Hey all,

I am coming back to TG after a rather extended period of time, but I cant decide which game to come back in with.

My top choices to buy right now are:

Call of Duty 4
    Team Fortress 2
    Enemy Territory:Quake Wars
    Crysis

I need some help choosing which one to come back in.

I still have my copy of 2142 laying around somewhere but I am not really sure if it still the same rocket fest it used to be (which is part of the reason I stopped playing)

Any help choosing would be really appreciated

Thanks,

-Yoyi
    sigpic

Re: Hey guys: Need advice on which game to buy

Any one of the top 3, or if you enjoyed 2142, then wait for Frontlines which is due at the end of February.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I still have my copy of 2142 laying around somewhere but I am not really sure if it still the same rocket fest it used to be
      What's wrong with rockets?

Comment

Not Quake Wars. TF2 is fun for a bit, but think COD4 is longer lasting due to game modes and HC vs non hardcore. Though when it comes to TG playstyle I still go w/ 2142, yeah sure camp Gib will always be rockety, but dont think it's that bad elsewhere at all. (Sorry to the COD4 TG, just hate the server settings)
        His duty is honour itself. Even his death - If it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.-
        Roboute Guilliman,Primarch of the Ultramarines

-EVE: Naune

Comment

Speaking without inherent bias, TF2.

Comment

Get both TF2 and CoD4. Both will having lasting appeal, due to downloadable content all the time.

Comment

Welcome back Yoyi.
              BF2142 is still the same rocket fest as you remember. COD4, ETQW and TF2 are relatively popular at TG.
              ETQW has a playable MP demo that will tell you all you need to know about the game.
              TF2 is a blast. If you liked the original TF, you'll enjoy TF2.
              Plus, we got Frontlines: Fuel of War coming out late this month (beta available now).
              Good to see you back.

Comment

Buy COD4 or if you have a fully built and tricked out computer buy crysis you will definetely be pleased :)

Comment

Depends on what you're looking for.

Go for Crysis for fun/cool/flashy singleplayer (multiplayer is next to useless, haven't played in months).

TF2 if you want a game you can pick up now and then to play, quite fun.

Can't really speak much for ETQW.

CoD 4 is a game you have to get, hands down. Singleplayer is a blast (usually don't play SP games much anymore), and the vanilla MP is done very well.

Frontlines is great fun, if the beta is a good indication, the game is gonna be great.

Comment

Crysis is crap. Even mods are going to take a while to bloom.
                    TF2 is the most solid game on the list, IMO.
                    CoD4 is unrealistic, spray and pray most of the time. SP is the easiest thing I've ever played.
                    Skud

Comment

Yoyi... I almost threw that "g" in there, but I refrained :D.

2142 is still a rocket fest, so might say more so than when you left, others may not. You're going to have to reinstall and come out and play, then decided if it's worth dedicating any time to.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

If you don't like the "rocket fest", you could always try clan mod for 2142.

Comment

I think I am going to pick up frontlines once it comes out and reinstall 2142 in the meantime to check out how everything is going now

Thanks for the feedback guys
                          sigpic

Comment

Or if you want to get a feel for Frontlines, download the beta now. Several of us play it almost nightly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X