I been robbed!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I been robbed!!

So the day is going great looking forward to coming home having dinner with the folks and playing some Sins of a Solar empire.

At about 5 pm Central I receive a phone call from my Dad that some things were missing from the house. I told him that perhaps mom took it with her to school for some reason.
    She teaches Pre-K and that was all I could come up with. But then he explains that his change jar was sitting on the table empty. So at that point I am like.. well it sounds like we need to file a report with the police.

I don't know what to make of anything right now.
    I should be out getting a new door and buying a web cam so I can monitor the house from work. Instead I am here with the grill out and drinking a couple of frosties with my dad.

Unfortunately, according the police the burglary rate has not spiked in my area.
    But I may be the first in a string of home burglaries. I really don't think it helps as home is right on the access road for Interstate 77.
    If that's not enough my dog died last week. >:(

Either the perpetrators got spooked or they were just dumb kids.
    Because my DVD collection is still here.
    My single malt scotch collection is still here along with all my other spirits.
    My fracking camera was sitting on my bed and was not taken.
    Though they looked through every room in the house.
    Which leads me to believe they got spooked and made off with what was in hand.

What they did take was about $200 in change, a cruddy dvd player, a phone charger, some imported Coca Cola, sansa mp3 player and the Fujifilm F50 digicam I gave my Mother for Christmas.

Re: I been robbed!!

thats a shame, probably some kids not knowing any better looking for something to do.

Not to make light of your situation, but imported Coca Cola is good stuff. Especially if you can get some of stuff where they still use a real sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
      thats a shame, probably some kids not knowing any better looking for something to do.

Not to make light of your situation, but imported Coca Cola is good stuff. Especially if you can get some of stuff where they still use a real sugar.
      Don't sweat it Mach. It could have been much worse but I will be staying home tomorrow to fix the door and add some reinforcement. Probably I will end up picking up some sheathing that is supposed to help keep glass intact if someone tries to break it.

I forgot to mention I am around the block from the local H.S.

Yeah Mach the Coke is made with cane sugar and is awesome.

Comment

Could be kids. But who knows. I used to live in an impoverished neighborhood and crack heads would often break into my car just to steal the change in my ashtray or console. Never touched the stereo. Of course, I had the last laugh when they were arrested for walking down the street naked.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
          Could be kids. But who knows. I used to live in an impoverished neighborhood and crack heads would often break into my car just to steal the change in my ashtray or console. Never touched the stereo. Of course, I had the last laugh when they were arrested for walking down the street naked.
          It was probably cold out, no reason to laugh.

Comment

That's an awful thing to have happen, just glad to hear it was relatively minor. On a side note, though, I really would like to try Coke with actual sugar someday. I guess they've been using high-fructose corn syrup around here for as long as I can remember...
            "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
            -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
              It was probably cold out, no reason to laugh.
              We all make decisions...
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by RedForman View Post
                That's an awful thing to have happen, just glad to hear it was relatively minor. On a side note, though, I really would like to try Coke with actual sugar someday. I guess they've been using high-fructose corn syrup around here for as long as I can remember...
                In the US there is always "Kosher for Passover" Cokes in normal supermarkets. It tastes very different. Also, i have noticed in a big supermarket near me they have real sugar Coke in the World Foods section.
                "Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Comment

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
                  It definitly wasnt me then :D

But seriously thats a weird situation, and Im glad to hear it was more minor than it could have been, heavan forbid they were for-real robbers and one of you were there and got in a skirmish....
                  Dizlor

Comment

I recall hearing people who prefer Coke to Pepsi saying that Pepsi tastes too sweet.

I do know that, when substituting aspartame or Splenda, I like at least a little real sugar in my coffee or ice tea because there's a "grittiness" missing that I crave.
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                      I recall hearing people who prefer Coke to Pepsi saying that Pepsi tastes too sweet.

I do know that, when substituting aspartame or Splenda, I like at least a little real sugar in my coffee or ice tea because there's a "grittiness" missing that I crave.
                      Since I live in Texas, "Mexican" coke is available in plentiful supply (not to mention "Dublin" Dr. Pepper, which is made with 100% pure Imperial Cane Sugar. It nice!) Hope everything else is still there Scratch.
                      sigpic

Formerly of the fabled 3rd Special Forces Detachment

"On that day half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction. And as we teetered on that precipice, staring down into the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink, and gave us hope... the hand of a Hero."

Comment

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
                        Tell me more...

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                          Tell me more...
                          Indeed, tell me more about this single malt scotch collection, I think I may want to be your new best friend...

That sucks, being robbed like that. I've had two things stolen from me... The battery out of a '75 Dodge Dart, parked outside my then girlfriend's houes, and a Scorpions t-shirt, stolen from around my neck as we left a concert back in '88 or so. Sucked both times.

Where along I77 do you live, my city is on it too...

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

that sucks but at least noone was hurt.

btw... from what u said happened, u might want to seriously consider buying new toothbrushes and throwing the old ones away. ;)
                            |TG|Gabriel87
                            Favorite quotes and sayings:

Teacher, Tommy you got a fairy godmother.
                            Tommy, No, but we got an uncle we keep a close eye on.

*If anyone knows or has seen Markopilot please let him know that his gunner misses him and would like to talk to him agian. He knows me by Gabriel87.

Comment

Yeah, they probably did get spooked. A few years ago my place was robbed as well. 3 days in a row. While my wife and I were working about 16 hours a day at the time. It was not much they were taking either, something that made me think I was losing my marbles. We kept missing half a carton of cigarettes out of the freezer and I had thought i was misplacing them or smoking really heavy, a few collectible Zippo lighters and one CD. I thought it was strange cause we had DVD's, the computer, and other stuff that if I was robbing a place I would have snagged up on in a heartbeat.
                              Anyway, about a month after all this took place my downstairs neighbor was shot by the neighbor who lived across the road. When the downstairs neighbor died, he had one of my Zippo lighters in his hand. Come to find out it was not him that robbed us but some friends he had staying with him at that time and they had gave him some cigarettes and the lighter to keep his mouth shut. the reason why he was shot was the neighbor across the road was accusing him of stealing some stuff out of his house as well. Which he did not do that either but the stuff was in his apartment, one of the friends ended up telling the police that he and one other boy robbed the places.
                              We never did get back the one Zippo lighter that my dad gave my wife, it was made in like the '40's and NEVER used. That was the one I really hoped to have gotten back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X