Reccomendation for Responsibility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reccomendation for Responsibility

I just wanted to know what are the best steps to take in order to become a moderator or admin on the TG website. I am currently a moderator on the BF2 forums and I also moderate 2 forums sites for 2 of my good buddies who have well supported and successful clans. I have lots of responsibility and I was wondering if there is like a probationary period for new mods and admins to go through to make sue that they are not deceiving and inactive. I am a very active person. Ive been on TG almost everyday of the week posting and helping people with their problems. So please any mods or admins please give me some advice and tell me how you dedicated yourself to become a leader of the TG world. Thanks :)

P.S. I also want to do all I can to be as active in the TG community as I can from in house clans to TG university classes and TG events so I want to know how can I start?

Re: Reccomendation for Responsibility

Hiya Hotshot.

There is no probationary period for admins as such. It's a pretty informal process based on need and previous contributions to TG (organizing scrims, contributing to the community etc.)

It's great that you are offering, and entirely possible that someone will take you up on it eventually, so stick around. I will warn you though that I became a 2142 admin after being a regular at TG for 7 months, and one of the major complaints against me was how new I was (and am).

I think that if you talk to Eroak about becoming a TGU Instructor, he can give you all the information you need. We always need more!

Keep your eyes glued to the forums for announcements of scrims and events, and you will know exactly how to get involved. A lot of times people could use help getting them organized, maybe you could step up then.

Comment

Yep, what he said.

And, with rare exception, TG has a "don't ask us, we'll ask you" policy on recruiting admins.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Augustus Gloop View Post
        I think that if you talk to Eroak about becoming a TGU Instructor, he can give you all the information you need. We always need more!
        Speaking of which, has Anospa got his interwebs back yet?

(I ask because some of you guys seem to know him irl)
        <<<<Magic!!

-F- Concr3te: "Brutus, goddammit, shut up!"

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
          And, with rare exception, TG has a "don't ask us, we'll ask you" policy on recruiting admins.
          Indeed.

My admin invitation (for ArmA) came completely out of the blue. Just do what you're doing, be active, be visible, be helpful, and just enjoy the community. The invitation may come sooner than you think, and it might never come at all. There's no telling.

Comment

And they need to be Supporting members.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Yep, doing all this is not too easy. As you can see, we have 20,000+ members. Being a mod for the forums, sometimes its a big task by itself. Someone's gotta do it though.

Comment

Ill be ready to take that responsibillity when the time comes :)

Comment

Meanwhile, I definitely urge you to get involved in the TG community. There are scrims to be played in and hosted, the TGU classes to teach and take, and anything else we can think of to enrich our community. Use this forum http://www.tacticalgamer.com/submit-content/ if you have any ideas you'd like help make a reality.

Comment

Man if I were an admin I'd probably lose it in a week - other games I've had admin on (usually servers I'm part of a community about), well, I quickly get a 'reputation'. I have an EXTREME zero-tolerance-for-stupidity-kinda-deal. You might not be breaking any written rule, but if you're stupid, you're out. It was called the "uranium clause". The advantage was that we had a good reputation for being completely idiot free whenever I was around.

Especially true on Natural Selection. That one marine who is running around by himself wasting everyone's time and a player slot? *bant*.

The disadvantage is that on source games and the like, adminning is very easy. BF is the worst, most poorly supported engine I've ever seen, and doing anything admin-wise is a pain in the ass, if not completely impossible. The fact that there's no decent spectator support either is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                      And they need to be Supporting members.
                      Indeed. I can't believe I forgot to mention that!
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
                        Man if I were an admin I'd probably lose it in a week - other games I've had admin on (usually servers I'm part of a community about), well, I quickly get a 'reputation'. I have an EXTREME zero-tolerance-for-stupidity-kinda-deal. You might not be breaking any written rule, but if you're stupid, you're out. It was called the "uranium clause". The advantage was that we had a good reputation for being completely idiot free whenever I was around.

Especially true on Natural Selection. That one marine who is running around by himself wasting everyone's time and a player slot? *bant*.

The disadvantage is that on source games and the like, adminning is very easy. BF is the worst, most poorly supported engine I've ever seen, and doing anything admin-wise is a pain in the ass, if not completely impossible. The fact that there's no decent spectator support either is ridiculous.

That was my philosophy. Most servers at TG spam the rules, so for people to say they did not know well never really got you far if i was on console.
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

My suggestion is to make large cash donations to TG and/or buy everyone responsible for the site gifts.

No, that won't get you a shot at an admin or mod position, but I'm sure they'll appreciate it.
                          My sanity is not in question...
                          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Speaking of which, Wyzcrak still owes me a pot pie. HE PROMISED US ALL POT PIES! :(

Comment

rofl.. i want a pot pie!!

NO KITTIE THIS IS MY POT PIE