The Cigar Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cigar Thread

Id like to start a thread about cigars. Post up what ya like, what ya dont, whatever. I am certainly no aficionado by any means lol. Having only just begun, these are the two Im actually re-buying:

Cohiba Extra Vigoroso - black

Alec Bradley - MAXX (very good cigar that my old neighbor at the store I used to work at gave me and it is pretty damn nice for the price, he sells em for $5.75)

Discuss, and definitely try these two ;)
    Dizlor

Re: The Cigar Thread

I have only tried a Romeo Y Julieta.
    I really enjoyed it.
    The flavor profile has a light, smooth and a very chocolaty flavor.
    I never smoke so my gums were tingling for quite some time after smoking the R&J.

Comment

One of my favorites is the Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente in Maduro.

Very nice, short smoke, full of flavor.

Comment

* Sosa Magnum (really anything by Sosa). Gogeta, they have a store in FLA if you are interested.

* Davidoff Millenium Robusto- expensive but worth it.

I also like to endulge with some cognac with any good cigar.
        "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Bc2ID View Post
          * Sosa Magnum (really anything by Sosa). Gogeta, they have a store in FLA if you are interested.

* Davidoff Millenium Robusto- expensive but worth it.

I also like to endulge with some cognac with any good cigar.

I go to the one at Disney, nice place. Alex I think his name is... our VP of sales and I went in there in Dec. and he asked Alex what the best cigar in the house was.. Alex pointed him instantly to the Stratovarious ($50) lol.. and he bought it. Turns out he was giving it to the CEO as a gift. I chose to get a cohiba and a montecristo for less ;) and just about any Glen will do
          Dizlor

Comment

I tend to go with a mild to medium cigar usually 5x50 robusto. This size seems to last long enough for me to walk the dog. The wife won't let me smoke within about 100 yards of the house. She usually has snipers posted at the corners so I don't get too close. The dog does not seem to mind the smoke. Favorite brands include Rocky Patel, CAO, Romeo y Julieta, Gurkha, Cohiba, and Macanudo. I try and not spend more then $4-6/smoke and often buy samplers from thompson cigars to try out different brands.

Comment

I work at a cigar shop, somewhat new at it, but I'm getting to know my way around. I really enjoy maduro's over natural/ or Colorado shades.

I like:

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990's: I smoked the petite corona the other day, very smooth, mild. great draw too. http://rockypatel.com/products.html

El Rey Del Mundo: These are great cigars, a little stronger, full flavor exellcent. This is a natural wrapper, and enjoy it a lot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Rey_del_Mundo

Natural Root by Drew Estate: These are awesome cigars, and I love the flavor, its a pretty stout cigar, dark maduro. I've been meaning to try "the juicy lucy" natural we offer. http://naturalcigars.com/

JAVA by Rocky Patel, but made by Drew Estate: Yes, I've only tried the petite corona Java maduro. It's a stout cigar, with an amazing draw on it. If you taste the wrapper, it literally taste like chocolate, and the flavor is extremely tasty, considering its been infused with coffee, and its not a cheesy "flavored" cigar, since coffee is natural as well. 5x42 http://www.drewestate.com/index.cfm?page=java-cigars

Acid Wafe by Drew Estate: I've only got to try one of these once, since the place I work does not have them at the moment. They are very earthy tasting, little grassy. Very good draw, medium to full flavor. http://www.drewestate.com/index.cfm?page=acid-wafe

Romeo Y Julieta 1875 Castle Lane: This is made exclusively for a company called Great Discoveries, a private line actually. It's a pefecto, not your typcialy perfecto that is fat in the mid section, and tapers off on both ends, its a perfecto that has the nipple on the end. This is a pretty kick-ass cigar, and very very strong, especially once you get into the mid sectino of it. Great smoke. 6.5x48 [media]http://www.cigars-now.com/images/castle%20lane.JPG[/media]

I'll post more later.

I was finally able to hold a Padron 1926 series in my hand the other night, shame I cannot afford to smoke them, as they are 24$ a cigar. They won cigar of the year again for 2007. I believe they were rated 96 or 97, by Cigar Aficionado. http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=330

Comment

I worked at a smoke shop for some years while I was an undergrad and smoked a hell of a lot of them. Out of all of the various brands I sampled, I have a few that top my list:

-Fuente Opus X. Without a doubt the finest cigar I've ever had. Completely smooth, slightly acidic in flavor, very mellow draw and even burn. They only make these twice a year. A robusto generally runs 34 bucks a pop and most stores limit you to two cigars per purchase because of the extremely limited quantity.

-Cohiba Reserva (Triangulo). Very nice natural cigar. Strong nutty flavors and a very full draw. They are a rather large cigar, so if you dont like a long burn, I'd recommend trying the Reserva in the corona.

-Fuente Hemingway Line. Probably one of the best full lines of cigars I've ever had. The "Short Story" is perfect for if you want a nice quick cigar that will still leave you satisfied.

-Fuente 8-5-8 Flor Fina. This is my favorite everyday cigar. I keep a box of cameroon, maduro and candelas on hand as much as I possibly can. Not too long, but not too short, provides adequate time to relax and carry on a conversation or enjoy a few cocktails. As anyone who smokes cigars know, the flavor is going to vary with the style, so I cant really describe the cigar due to its varieties. But it's definitely something worth trying.

Those are my top 4. I've got about a hundred kinds that I like (i'll have to snap a photo of my humidor later so you guys can see the depth of my ecclectic taste), but thats kinda what happens when you get free cigars for a few years and are encouraged to try as many as you can so you can help customers.

Comment

Yep, I try as many as possible, but sometimes, I get spoiled and want the same one over and over that I really enjoy.

www.lakeworthcigars.com is where I work.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                    Yep, I try as many as possible, but sometimes, I get spoiled and want the same one over and over that I really enjoy.

lakeworthcigars is where I work.
                    Nice looking store.

And Ferris, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your humidor.

Comment

I am one of those losers that buys "Black&Mild" at the gas station :D

I haven't really sampled much of the other stuff, I will have to give it a try because I don't smoke that often....
                      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by DOC GLOCK View Post
                        Nice looking store.

And Ferris, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your humidor.
                        I'm at work right now, and we're revamping the humidor as I type. We've taken out those crappy steel shelves, and we're replacing them with cedar shelves, that have been stained. It's shaping up very nicely. Anyone in the Fort Worth area, please stop in.

Comment

I worked at a cigar shop for a while and I developed a taste for them too. My humidor is running a bit bare because I'm student teaching and not working but at the moment, I have 2 Cuban Montecristo #2s, a Padron Anneversaro, an Olivia Serie V Torpedo, a Perdomo Lot 23 and a couple of CAO L'Anaversaries . I'm a huge fan of pretty much everything Perdomo makes and I also really like those CAOs. The Montecristos are pretty much the best cigar ever made, although the Opus X actually manages to come pretty close.
                          sigpic

Comment

Smoked a a Gispert yesterday, it was a very strong one, Toro size and all Gispert maduro's are box-pressed. I enjoyed the flavor a lot, but damn it had the be one of the strongest one's I smoked so far.

http://www.altadisusa.com/cigar/gispertmaduro.asp

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
                              I am one of those losers that buys "Black&Mild" at the gas station :D
                              Me too! Actually, I look for a brand of flavored cigars called "Miami Suites" and I like their vanilla and rum flavored cigars. Swishers can occasionally be found in my possession, too...

I guess I've just never learned how to appreciate a good cigar...
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X