Membership Quetion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership Quetion

I have only a ATM card and i put in all my info when im going to order my membership but for some reason it ask me for my CSC number which i dont think atm cards have. Can somebody please tell me whats going on? :(

Re: Membership Quetion

if your ATM card has a visa/mastercard logo on it, it has to have a security number on it. on visa/mastercard, it's the last three digits in the numeric string that can be found on the strip where you sign your name on the back of the card.

however, if you dont have that on there, i recommend getting a paypal account and hooking it up to your bank account. it's easy and free to do.

Comment

how do you do that?

Comment

Go to http://www.paypal.com and set up an account. After that, follow the instructions to add a bank account.

Comment

i dont have a credit card thats the thing

Comment

You can link Paypal to your bank account, you don't need a credit card.
            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Well i was looking at the paypal FAQ's and this is what i found

"If your credit card or debit card does not have a Card Verification Number displayed, it cannot be registered on PayPal. PayPal does not accept cards without a Verification Number for the safety of the PayPal network.

PayPal is currently working on an alternative verification method so credit cards and debit cards without a Verification Number can be registered."

So that means i would have to use a different method of paying :)

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|SpecOpsRanger View Post
                If you can't do PayPal with your card, send a private message to Apophis explaining the situation.

Comment

You simply didnt look in the right place. In order to become a verified paypal member, you have to add a bank account. Look around a little bit more.

Comment

You can create an account with a bank account and it just credits a dummy amount (I think it was 2 cents when I did it) so you can verify that the account is yours. As for the ATM card the first thing you need to look for is a 'credit' company on the card. Visa, Mastercard, and Discover (though I've yet to see a Discover ATM card) all have the CSC on the back as mentioned by Ferris. Functionally it also means your ATM card doubles as a debit card or check card and you can make payments directly from your bank account. American Express is the oddball of the credit card group since its CSC is printed on the background image on the front of the card to one side.

If you can use your ATM card to make payments (either credit or debit) then you will have a CSC somewhere on the card so you can do so online. Actually, any 3 digit number will probably be your CSC because all account related numbers are in sets of 4.
                    My sanity is not in question...
                    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiggy View Post
                      Well i was looking at the paypal FAQ's and this is what i found

"If your credit card or debit card does not have a Card Verification Number displayed, it cannot be registered on PayPal. PayPal does not accept cards without a Verification Number for the safety of the PayPal network.

PayPal is currently working on an alternative verification method so credit cards and debit cards without a Verification Number can be registered."

Two things:

1. Look at linking your bank account to PayPal, without using a credit card.

B. Are you done changing names?
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yes I am done changing names thank you very much LOL I couldn't make up my mind as to which name would fit my personallity best but now I have a name I can work with:)

Comment

Heh, all I can think of is that anorexic model: http://images.google.com/images?q=twiggy
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Dude was that neccessary? :(

Comment

Wow, a homeless looking model, just what the world needs...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X